Diliberto / Barbanera Family Information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Temail66

Diliberto / Barbanera Family Information

Post by Temail66 »

Looking for any information regarding my Diliberto family from Sicily. My great grandfather Giacomo was born in 1857. I actually need to get his birth certificate along with my grandmothers Maria Barbanera born 1869; any idea on how I would proceed with this?
Thanks, Theresa
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Diliberto / Barbanera Family Information

Post by maestra36 »

Hi and welcome to this forum. There are many people on this forum, including myself, who would like to help you locate the documents for which you are searching, but we first need to know the town in Sicily where your ancestors were born.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Also, it is unclear from your post whether your grandparents came to the U.S., but I am guessing that they did. Do you have them on passenger lists? do you have census records for them? any other U.S. documents for them? If you don't know their town of birth in Sicily, it is important that you use U.S. documents to determine that information before you can get records from Sicily. Without a town name in Sicily, you cannot get any records from there.
Temail66

Post by Temail66 »

This is great! Yes, I do have some information. My Great Grandfather Giacomo Diliberto (born August 13, 1858?) and my Great Grandmother Maria Barbanera (don't have the exact day but was in 1868 or 1869). I believe both came here on or around 1884 on the Archimede from Naples/Messina/Palermo. I believe they were both born in Palermo.

I believe they came over with Maria's mother: Rosa Barbanera, born: 1847 in Palermo, Italy, her father Antonino Barolotta. She was married to Giovanni Barbanera born: 1836 in Palermo, Italy and died 1879 in Chicago.

My Great Grandfathers parents were Giacomo Diliberto born: 1838 in Palermo who married Mary Cattone in 1838.

I have a coat of arms on a facebook page I established trying to find more information:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 553&ref=ts

Thank you for any and all information you're able to provide, I truly appreciate it!
Theresa
Temail66

Post by Temail66 »

I'm trying to establish my dual citizenship and have aquired nearly all the required documentation except for the certified copies of the two Italian birth certificates I need, my great grandfather and great grandmother. I'm unclear on how to even begin to get these birth records... thank you again for any information.
T
Le0chic

Post by Le0chic »

HI Theresa:

I have all the information you need on the Barbanera's and Diliberto's.

Please contact me.

I emailed you at TEmail66*****. It will tell you how to contact me.

T. Barber
Le0chic

Post by Le0chic »

HI: TE

This is your cousin and I wonder if you ever were able to get your dual citizenship.

You'd be surprised what I have found concerning our family and wonder what you have found,as well.

You should be able to email me at the address I gave you before.

It would nice to speak to you again.

Cousin Teri
Wb9122

Post by Wb9122 »

Hello,

I'm looking for information on William Barbanera and his wife Charlotte Barber. I found Charlotte's immigration docs from England with her mother and siblings (no father on the passenger list?). I found on the 1910 census that William was a saloon keeper in Chicago but interestingly enough by the 1920 census he was a US Marshal! Anyway, any info you could provide on the Barbaneras or Barbers would be very much appreciated.

William Barber
Le0chic

Post by Le0chic »

HI Theresa:

Cousin Teri here.

Maria Rosa arrived approximately 1870 @Castle Garden
I am still trying to find the ship. I believe it was the Sidonian under the name Barbino.
there was the following:

BARBINO AGOSTINA U F 17 May 1871 UNKNOWN probably Louisa
BARBINO GIACOMO 32 M 17 May 1871 UNKNOWN probably father Giovani (giovanni)
BARBINO GRAZIANO 1 M 17 May 1871 UNKNOWN probably Peter
BARBINO MARIA 22 F 17 May 1871 UNKNOWN probably mother (Maria Bartoletto or Bartoletta)
2 children William and Maria Rosa not on manifest because they could have been babes in arms and not entered.

I can not prove this, however it is most likely our family as no other names come close to it. Of course they could have come in under a whole other name.

I have my Peter's (Maria Rosa's brother) papers of intent to become a citizen. Can't remember if they say what ship they came on, but I will look to see.

Hope all is well.

Coping all I have to Thumb Drives once I get rest of pictures on computer. I'll make sure to get you a copy.

Please contact me through a private message and give me your regular email. Thanks. Cousin t
Le0chic

Post by Le0chic »

ooh to get copies of birth certificates, you have to write to central registry in Palermo.