A Question About jus sanguinis (right in blood)

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

A Question About jus sanguinis (right in blood)

Post by LoveJesus22 »

..If my father was born to an italian parent (his mother) and to a non italian parent (his father) and that's after 1948 (he had his nationality from his father)..and when he was born his mother was still italian then she naturalized but he didn't get naturalized through her..so at the age of 21 he would choose between the italian nationality and the other nationality he had..or he would make that choice only in the case he naturalized through his mother ?..

For example if my father was born in 1960 at australia (and he gained his australian citizenship from his australian father) and his italian mother naturalized in 1962 or anytime after 1960 so at the age of 21 he would choose between the italian nationality and the australian nationality ( at the age of 21..that was in 1981 i mean before 1992)..or he still keep his rights to the italian citizenship for anytime..?? and in what case the child at the age of 21 may choose between the italian nationality and another natioanlity that he has..thanx
mler
Master
Master

Re: A Question About jus sanguinis (right in blood)

Post by mler »

I can't believe you are still asking the same question only now you want to know about Australia. It was my understanding that your grandfather was Egyptian. Please bear in mind that the laws in Egypt and in Australia are not the same.

We would like to help you, but, frankly, this is getting a bit tiresome.
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoveJesus22 »

Man He's Egyptian :D..I was giving an example of australia..ok put Egypt instead of australia..i was saying an example not more..but i still don't understand the choice thing about 21 years old that's all..
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoveJesus22 »

..You may misunderstood me..i'm not a triesome :)..just i gave an example not more..
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoveJesus22 »

..I meant in my Question When do the person at the age of 21 Choose the nationality he wants between the Italian nationality and another nationality that he got..in which case if he naturalized through his mother only or what..
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

You can't ask a question about Australia and assume that the answer also applies to Egypt.

We've been through this before. In many countries (the U.S. and Australia included) there is no reason to choose a nationality because it is possible to hold citizenship in another country without losing U.S. (Australian) citizenship.

You need to research the law in Egypt because its laws appear to be different, and I don't think there are many posters here (if any) who are familiar with this.

I'm sorry, but I can't offer more than to suggest that you go to the Italian consulate that serves your jurisdiction with a complete list of your family members (grandfather/grandmother, mother/father, you). List their dates and country of birth, any naturalizations and dates of naturalization. Then ask them how you qualify or, if you don't qualify, why not.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

With all due respect, our members have answered your questions to the best of their ability. I am sorry we cannot provide any additional assistance in your pursuit, please do as asked and consult your local consulate.
Thank you,
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoveJesus22 »

Yes and that what i will Do for the next days..i Really Want to thank all the people who answered me and who tried to help me..Now that i must go n look for it..Thanks really so much :)..