Requesting Papers from Ital

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
didozo
Rookie
Rookie

Requesting Papers from Ital

Post by didozo »

Hello
I want to request certificates from Italy. I have all the information as to the town, year and actual certificate number of the death, birth or marriage. Should I include that in the letter so the people aren't looking all over for it?

Should I ask for them to be certified for future genealogists in the family?

What is the usual way this is done.
Thanks Diana
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Requesting Papers from Ital

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the form letters you need to obtain the records your seeking.

The certificates will be singed and stamped just like you swant. if you ant to preserve these documents them have them microfilmed. I would make multiple copies and distribute them to people around the world who may be related if you want to make sure there will be copies somewhere in the world for future posterity. =Peter=

=
~Peter~
didozo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by didozo »

Thank you and I thought I saw somewhere to send Money - Since I've never sent money abroad - I know it should be in euro - and some comments were not to send a USPS money order. You're suggestions?
Searching: Allenza -Villalba/Valledolmo, Marsala -Villalba, Trapani-Mistretta, and Mirra/Filippelli- Domanico, Benevento
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Don't send any money unless you are contacted by the comune to do so...

I've always included a self-addressed UNSTAMPED envelope...

T.