Lucca,Italy 1871

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
juannovilloastrada

Re: Lucca,Italy 1871

Post by juannovilloastrada »

Caro Emiro,
Qué emocionante, me gustaría contactarme contigo para compartir más datos de la familia Cardosi. Mi bisabuelo era Pietro Leopoldo Cardosi, hijo de Alessandro Cardosi (a su vez hijo de Michele) y de María Mucci (a su vez hija de Francesco), nacido en la parrocchia di Loppia, Comune di Barga, Lucca, el 10 de octubre 1861.
Se casó en Sao Joao de Camaqua, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil el 23 de junio de 1888 con Marie Magdelaine Louise Ballatore, nacida en Brignoles, Var, Francia, hija de Costanzo Ballatore y Maria Maddalena Ramonda, ambos piamonteses.
En Brasil fue inscripto como Pedro Cardozo y su mujer como Maria Luiza Balatore.
Posteriormente se instalan en la Provincia de Santa Fe, Argentina, donde tienen muchos hijos, entre ellos mi abuelo. Ya en Argentina ambos figuran como Pedro Cardoso y María Luisa Ballatore.
Tu sabes como es la relación entre los Cardosi de mi familia y los de la tuya?
un fuerte abrazo
Juan
Italven

Post by Italven »

Juan,
Realmente no veo ninguna relacion de los Cardosi de tu lado a los Rigali-Cardosi del mio. Quizas sean primos pero no estoy seguro.
mi bisabuelo Luigi Rigali nacion en Barga en 1871 y emigro a USA en 1890. Su tio Antonio Cardosi ya tenia 30 ans para 1890 y emigro directamente de Barga al estado Falcon en Venezuela. la informacion que yo manejo es que todos los viajes que hicieron fueron entre Venezuela y USA pasando por la isla de Curacao. nada de Brasil o Argentina.

Un abrazo- Primo :o)

Emiro
momja9

Post by momja9 »

HI,

I find it interesting that you say the Cardosi, Rigali, DaPrato, families from Barga are all intermingled. I am the great great grandaughter of Carolina DaPrato, born in Barga in 1841. I have been told that her family immigrated to America to work for the DaPrato Statuary company in Chicago. We were told that she was related to the founders. Could Carolina be related to Pietro DaPrato? Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated. We have family going to Barga soon and would love to know were to go to look into this.

Janine Tonsoni Park
momja9

Post by momja9 »

HI,

I find it interesting that you say the Cardosi, Rigali, DaPrato, families from Barga are all intermingled. I am the great great grandaughter of Carolina DaPrato, born in Barga in 1841. I have been told that her family immigrated to America to work for the DaPrato Statuary company in Chicago. We were told that she was related to the founders. Could Carolina be related to Pietro DaPrato? Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated. We have family going to Barga soon and would love to know were to go to look into this.

Janine Tonsoni Park
Italven

Post by Italven »

Janine, as a matter of fact there are other two families that are intermingled to the Rigali, Cardosi and Da Prato. Those two families are Biagi and Gonella. they are also from Barga.

You are correct, the Da Prato family religious art sculptures were in high demand those days. send me your email so i can get you some info I have.

Emiro Sangiovanni
momja9

Post by momja9 »

Emiro,

My email is momja9@att.net...I would love to hear what you have on the Rigali, DaPrato and Gonella families.
redsox

Post by redsox »

We went to Filechio this summer and met the Cardosi families. It is true that a lot of them immigrated to Brazil. They were sculptors and made baby Jesus figurines out of ceramics. The Cardosi family gave me a copy of a book that describes the Notini family that lives in Brazil and how they started a successful ceramic operation. We saw the church in Filechio. Barga is the closest big town and the commune or county seat where the families would have recorded birth and death records. Hope this helps. Abe