De Ritis in Casacanditella Abruzzi Chieti/Peca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PecaCasaconditella

De Ritis in Casacanditella Abruzzi Chieti/Peca

Post by PecaCasaconditella »

Hello I just learned the name of my ggrandfather, Settimio Peca's mother. His father was Luigi Peca and his mother was Clara De Ritis. Settimio was born in Casacanditella and had a brother named William Domenico Peca. The family were tailor's and worked in clothing shops. Settimio and William lived in Philadelphia and then Settimio moved to Rochester NY where he died in 1943.

I am looking for info on the De Ritis family. This is the first I am hearing of the name but I noticed several living in Rochester, NY which may be a connection.

If anyone has any info please contact me- mollyblum@msn.com

Thank you,
Amybeth
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Re: De Ritis in Casacanditella Abruzzi Chieti/Peca

Post by cargor »

Using the familysearch website, I found a birth record on Clarice De Ritis, born on Oct.6, 1858 in Pennadomo, Chieti, Italy. Parents were Domenico De Ritis and Lucia Croce. Do you know where Clarice was born and when?
PecaCasaconditella

Re: De Ritis in Casacanditella Abruzzi Chieti/Peca

Post by PecaCasaconditella »

Thanks but that cannot be here as Settimio was born around 1866 which would make her (his mother) 8 at his time of birth. She was probably born around the early 1840's.

I believe she was born near Casacanditella- in Chieti. There are several small villages near by that have De Ritis surnames.

Amybeth