Amend NYC records In archives

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Amend NYC records In archives

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Ok so my GGF birth date is wrong on all records what I need to do is amend a death record from 1940 and a marriage record from 1914 the problem is they are in the municipal archives and not the DOMH so inwas told they can not be amended and inhale a letter stating that. My problem is that instill need them amended. I was told I can get a judge to do this possibly but I have no idea how to. Someone please offer some advice.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Amend NYC records In archives

Post by johnnyonthespot »

One of our members wrote a very complete and very infromative post on the subject of obtaining court ordered amendments and such. See http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=11562/
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Amend NYC records In archives

Post by JavaisLife »

Hi Screamingmonkey

Why do you still need to get these amended? If the letter would serficed?

"My problem is that instill need them amended."

Best,
M
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: Amend NYC records In archivesant

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Because I don't Want to give the NYC consulate a reason to tell me no. As of right now the birth date is off on some certificates and the date stating how old he is is off by a year .