Naturalization papers

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Naturalization papers

Post by bkworm10 »

Hi, now that I sent away for Giuseppe Laraio's birth record and also for the film from FHC, I would like to focus on getting his naturalization papers. How can I find Giuseppe/Joseph Laraio's naturalization papers? He was born 13 July 1873. The PA 1910 census has him listed as naturalized as does his WW I draft. He came over in 1894. He lived in Philadelphia from 1897 - 1944 (his death).

Thanks! Annette
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Naturalization papers

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Might be worthwhile to try here first http://www.phila.gov/Records/Archives/Archives.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Naturalization papers

Post by bkworm10 »

I will try that, but don't expect to have much luck as I have no idea how they would have spelled his last name in the index. For instance, his marriage record is listed under Larajo. Same for his wife's death record - that was some bizarre spelling too (Lovaio) and I only got lucky and found it by searching for all Teresa deaths in Philadelphia on FHC pilot search (sending away for it before the pilot search option was available, came back with nothing because of the misspelling).

I have checked Footnote and Ancestry and they do not seem to have it. Are those collections not complete yet?

Thanks, Annette