Newby trying to trace DeLucia DeLuzia in Terrasini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sammyrobb

Newby trying to trace DeLucia DeLuzia in Terrasini

Post by sammyrobb »

Hello
I'm new to this but feel hopeful in my difficult task after reading others posts.

I am trying to trace my maternal Great-Grand mothers parents. My GG was born in 1885/86 or 87 Maria DeLuzio / DeLucio (unsure of birth place) but moved to Scotland as a young child, (6?) we think after her mother died. She had at least 1 sister Clemintina and a brother Joseph.
Her parents were Maria (possibly nee DeFlem) & Guiseppe DeLuzio (Ice cream maker) and on a memorial in Edinburgh erected by my GG it has that they are interred in Terrazini. Is Terrazini a misspelling of Terrasini or is there a seperate place?

Could anyone please give me the link for burial records in this area, I'm guessing were looking at 1890-1905, also if they were burried there I think it is likely that they also died there so also a link to the death records for that time.(unsure of their birth place)

Any help would be so greatfully appreciated.
Samantha
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Newby trying to trace DeLucia DeLuzia in Terrasini

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to the forum-

I do believe that Terrazini is a misspelling of the Sicilian town of Terrasini, Province of Palermo in Sicily.

The only other place close in spelling is a frazione or hamlet called Terrazzano, which is in the town of Rho - Province of Milan, in the Lombardy region of Italy.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There are online church records for Terrasini available on the family search beta website. You just have to register with a user name and password to view them

https://beta.familysearch.org/

Go to view all collections and then to Italy, Catholic Church Records. Click on browse images and then on Palermo. Then you will be able to click on the town name and then the name of the parish. Once you click on the parish name, you will see what records are available.

There may be burial info in the parish death records (Morti).
sammyrobb

Post by sammyrobb »

Thank you so very much for your help. I have found the page you refer to, got into Palermo, then Terrasini, found the files but each one is saying "image is currently unavailable, please try later". I'll try later on but not sure if it's because they haven't been uploaded yet? At lease now I may have a starting point. Thanks again, Samantha
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Samantha
The records are there. I can see them right now. You need to register on the website to view them.

Go to the top right of the page where it says sign in. That will give you the option to register. The site is free but you need to put in a user name and password that you will continue to use each time you want to view the records on the website.

Peg
sammyrobb

Post by sammyrobb »

Peg, I can't thank you enough, although you may have unearthed a new lead. It was though my GG was born in Marsielle, since there is both a port there and Palermo it would be possible for travel, however I have just looked up Terrazzano and it is only 240 miles from Marsielle. I'm away to look at the Beta records just now, I'll let you know how I get on. Once again "Thank you"
Samantha