Getting a doc from Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Getting a doc from Italy

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Ciao tutti,

I just mailed an envelop to a church in Italy requesting a baptismal record. I happen to have the exact date of the baptism and included 15 Euro to help along process. Does anyone have any idea of about how long it usually takes to receive the document? I know there is a strong chance of not getting any reply, but at what point can I assume nothing is coming? Thanks.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: Getting a doc from Italy

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Ive actually heard some people say that churches were very helpful, especially when a donation was included ;)
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

DeFilippis78 wrote:Ive actually heard some people say that churches were very helpful, especially when a donation was included ;)
I agree
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

sometimes the records don't exist any more unfortunately. In Casalvieri the entire 1800's marriage records are missing. All the death records are there though!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Italysearcher wrote:sometimes the records don't exist any more unfortunately.
Luckily, I have a picture that a genealogist got for me a couple yrs ago of the actual hand written ledger that the church recorded the baptisms in, so I think they should have it (hopefully at least) :)