mother's passport listing children

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
timo
Rookie
Rookie

mother's passport listing children

Post by timo »

How common is it for a Sicilian mother's passport issued circa 1910, listing children and their dates and places of birth, to be inaccurate with respect to the date or place of birth of the children? What documentation, if any, had to be presented for the child in order for the child to be listed on her passport? Was a birth certificate necessary?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: mother's passport listing children

Post by ricbru »

For sure the birth certificates were issued from local vital statistics in Italy and brought to passport office, to issue the passport with those names on it
Riccardo
timo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by timo »

Thanks, Riccardo. I wondered if they might have been more relaxed about the requisite documentation back in the early days.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

I guess passport officer used to check if there were any men deserting the military service or war, of if there were some criminal not being in jail, both trying to escape to new world for better life,
most of them have been able to f**k the system, and they left to America
ciao Riccardo
timo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by timo »

Yes, that's what I had in mind -- closer scrutiny was paid to those ratti not to the mamma and her little ratti di tapeto.