Piazza Family from Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Piazza Family from Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Sicily

Post by piazza16428 »

I have kind of hit a road block and hopefully there is someone out there who can put me back on the correct road. I am trying to find out any information regarding my great-grandparents, specifically my great-grandfather Christopher (Cristoforo) Piazza. Here is the information that I know of him.
He was married to Concetta (Ciappa or Chiappa) I have seen it spelled both way. They were married about 1877 and had seven children all listed below with their information.
Concetta (Ciappa) Piazza immigrated to this country in 1913 along with several of her children and we do know that Christopher did not come to this country. We are trying to find information such as date of birth and death of Christopher and his cause of death. We would also like to find information regarding his parents and any brothers and or sisters that he may have had. We have been able to identiy on brother Lawrence (Lorenzo) who was married to a Carla Scarpinto and we have identified one of their sons Manfredo (Fred).
In addition we would like to invite you to visit our family tree at http://piazzafamiglia.tribalpages.com . Currently we have 440 names and we welcome you to take a look and see if any of the individuals on the tree are relations. If you would like to become a member of the site please feel free to send us an e-mail. We have also created a family website www.piazzafamiglia.com and here you will find photos of my grandfather and grandmother (Sam and Rosina Piazza) and their 13 children. Thanks for any help you can provide in finding information regarding our great-grandfather.

Descendants of :
???? Piazza
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Children of ???? Piazza and ???? ????:
1. Christopher Cristoforo Piazza was born in Sicily (Region), Italy and died BEF 1913 in Caltanissetta (Province), Sicily (Region), Italy
2. Lawrence (Lorenzo) Piazza
Lawrence is the siblings of my great-grandfather that I have been able to identify at this time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christopher Cristoforo Piazza was born in Sicily (Region), Italy and died BEF 1913 in Caltanissetta (Province), Sicily (Region), Italy. He married Concetta Ciappa ABT 1877. She was born 1860 and died Dec 23 1930 in New Jersey

Manfredo `Fred` Piazza was born Apr 05 1877 in Caltanissetta, Sicily, Italy and died Jan 24 1943. He married Rosina `Rosie` Labue 1898. She was born 1882 and died Jan 23 1939.

Francesco J. (Frank) Piazza was born Dec 08 1889 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Sicily, Italy and died Jan 1976. He married Michela Tripi ABT 1909. She was born ABT 1890 and died ABT 1912. He married Mary Ann Canali BET 1917 & 1918. She was born 1900 in Louisana, daughter of Salvatore Sam Canali and Vincenza Josephine Ferranti.

Giuseppe (Joseph) Piazza was born May 26 1896 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Sicily, Italy. He married Josephine Chiappa 1917. She was born Oct 05 1900 in Italy and died Oct 05 1984, daughter of Charles Chiappa and Josephine Ferrara.

Salvatore (Sam) Chriest Piazza was born Jan 04 1899 in Caltanissetta, Sicily, Italy and died May 08 1991 in Erie, PA. He married Rosina Frankina Dec 29 1922 in Phillipsburg, NJ. She was born Feb 08 1908 in Rosetta, PA and died Apr 08 1966 in Erie, PA, daughter of Caligero Frankina and Maria ?. (These are my grandparents). [/b]

Giuseppa (Josephine) Piazza was born 1900 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Sicily, Italy and died Jul 15 1950 in Stewartsville, Warren County, NJ. She married Manfredo `Fred` Piazza (First Cousin). He was born May 12 1890 and died Apr 18 1953, son of Lawrence (Lorenzo) Piazza and Carla Scarpinto. She married Charlie ?? 1930. She married Anthony (Tony) Signorella 1936. He died Jul 10 1937 in Stewartsville?, NJ.

Maria Piazza was born Oct 14 1901 in vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Sicily, Italy and died Dec 16 1977 in Mount Holly, Burlington County, NJ. She married Gioachino Dominic `James` Marascio Jan 08 1920. He was born May 12 1891 in Petrizzi (Comuni), Catanzaro (Province), Calabria (Region), Italy and died Mar 20 1956 in Easton, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, son of Bruno Marascio and Concetta ????.

Rosalie Piazza was born 1902 and died in Italy. She married na0 Ricotta. Would like to find out more information regarding Rosalie and why she did not immigrate to the United States.

Children of Lawrence (Lorenzo) Piazza and Carla Scarpinto:

Manfredo `Fred` Piazza was born May 12 1890 and died Apr 18 1953

If any of these names sound familiar please feel free to contact me. Thanks again for your time.
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Re: Piazza Family from Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Si

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

Cristoforo Piazza was son of Girolamo Piazza and Teresa Lodato. He married Concetta Ciappa (daughter of Francesco and Anna Di Gregorio) on January 23, 1875. Cristoforo died on December 8, 1904. For further informations about this family, please send me a private message.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Piazza Family from Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Si

Post by piazza16428 »

Well thank you Marcello for this information. I am going to set out documenting the information that was supplied. If anyone has any further information please let me know. I will also check out the website you supplied. Thanks again and all the best. Will contact you directly Marcello with further questions.