Piazza, Vincent (Vincenzo)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Piazza, Vincent (Vincenzo)

Post by piazza16428 »

I am trying to find some information regarding my great-great grand fathers brother and hopefully someone out there can help.

The original family records that I had showed that Vincenzo Piazza was married to a Beatrice L (????) but I received information from indicated that he was married to a Vincenza La Paglia on 9/28/1900. I am trying to find if anyone has any records of Vincenzo being married to a woman name Beatrice.

We do know that Vincenzo never immigrated to the United States but he did and he emigrated to Albenga in 1957. He was born in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Sicily, Italy and his parents were Girolamo and Teresa (LoDoto) Piazza.

I am sorry but I do not have any dates on when he was born but it would have to be sometime between 1884 and 1904.

If anyone has any information regarding Vincenzo (Vincent) Piazza our family would very much appreciate it.

This is an important link in our family tree and connects many of the Piazza clan in the Pennslyvania and New York regions.

Thanks in advance
Sam 8O
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Piazza, Vincent (Vincenzo)

Post by Tessa78 »

piazza16428 wrote: The original family records that I had showed that Vincenzo Piazza was married to a Beatrice L (????) but I received information from indicated that he was married to a Vincenza La Paglia on 9/28/1900. I am trying to find if anyone has any records of Vincenzo being married to a woman name Beatrice.

Thanks in advance
Sam 8O
Hello Sam :-)

What kind of "family records" are you referring to regarding the marriage to Beatrice?

What kind of documentation lists the marriage to Vincenza?

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

We do know that Vincenzo never immigrated to the United States but he did and he emigrated to Albenga in 1957.

By this, do you mean that he DID immigrate to US, or to Albenga (which an Italian city and comune in Liguria)?

T.
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

I received information yesterday from the Centro Meridionale Ricerche Genealogiche and they indicated the following:

Vincenzo (b. 5/26/1887) married with Vincenza La Paglia 9/28/1900. He emigrated in Albenga in 1957

We had always known that there was a Vincent Piazza in the family lines and that his family had settled in the Jamestown / Falconer New York area but all the records show that Vincenzo was married to a Beatrice ???? or eveyone refered to his wife as Beatrice.

I am just trying to find a link between the Victor that I thought was married to Beartice and the Victor that was married to Vincenza if one exists.

I know this is a long shot but maybe someone out there has information that might be able to help.

Thanks
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I am just trying to find a link between the Victor that I thought was married to Beartice and the Victor that was married to Vincenza if one exists.
Just as a point of information, the "americanization" of the name Vincenzo is usually James...

Was he listed as Victor in US documents?

T.
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

No but that helps out right there. We may have made a terrible mistake on our family tree. Will get back to this discussion later.
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

Quick question can you tell me the translation of Vincent to Italian?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

piazza16428 effectively a Vincenzo Piazza was born in Vallunga Pratameno on 26 May 1887, son of Girolamo and Teresa Lo Doto, here the birth act: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8197 ... abirth.jpg

so he was 13 old at marriage time?? It is no possible....!! in Vallelunga Pratameno marriage index of 1900 year : nobody Piazza Vincenzo marriage...
something matching not abt the infos that you received...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

Thank you so much, I will have to go back to the Centro Meridionale Ricerche Genealogiche and have them confirm the information that they sent me. Thank you so much.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi suanj :-)

That's what I was thinking, too! 13?

T.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ehehe Tessa... I cannot understand as a genealogist send infos, without check it... nobody can marry when 13 old... !!
Hugs,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

Well this is very interesting thing is if this is the Vincent Piazza that we have on the tree and as mentioned he was born in 1887 he could have not had any children before he was born I have his children as follows.

Salvatore b-Jan/24/1880
Rosalie b-Dec/29/1882
Manfred b-Jul/14/1886
Fred b-Dec/11/1891
James b-Jun/10/1905

All the children were born in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Sicily, Italy

So I am now really confused as far as the first information that I was given regarding Piazza, Vincent (Vincenzo) and the Vincent Piazza that you indicated was born in 1887.

Any one have any suggestions.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

piazza16428 I checked 1 record, just for exemple: in Vallelunga Pratameno, in the year 1886, was born
ONLY 1
Manfredi ( Manfred) Piazza son of Vincenzo Piazza( 46 old?) and Beatrice( nee Piazza also; 34 old)

here the birth act
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7807 ... abirth.jpg
so this Vincenzo Piazza was born abt in 1840..
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

OK this is the Vincenzo Piazza we are looking for. He did have a son Manfredi and we have confirmed his birthdate at July 14, 1886. Thank you for confirming the Beatrice. Can you tell me what nee is for. It is interesting that her last name is Piazza also.