Which copies are needed?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
beauac
Veteran
Veteran

Which copies are needed?

Post by beauac »

I am putting the finishing touches on my presentation before I go to NYC monday for my meeting. I read somewhere you should bring a copy of every document (I have it) but do you need a copy of the Italian translations as well? Its a lot of copies, I am trying to bring only whats needed. Thanks.
beauac
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Which copies are needed?

Post by beauac »

Can someone who has had an appointment say whether or not copies of the Italian translations are needed? My appointment is tommorow and I need to know. Thanks.
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

i would play it safe and bring a copy of all your documents. I plan to bring all of my originals (including translations, apostilles, etc) and make a copy of that.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Personally, I doubt you'll need the copies of the Italian translations as the consulate will take the originals, not the copies, but remember anything you hand over will not be returned, so if you want a copy of something make it for yourself.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have copies of everything with you, just fill up your briefcase a bit more.

Good luck tomorrow -- I envy you, I can't wait for my appt to be scheduled -- let us know how it went.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

Forza- good explanation, that's what I was getting at. Its always good to keep copies for oneself, plus the NYC website actually says to bring originals and one copy as well. :). Yes, good luck with ur meeting, let us know how it goes!!
beauac
Veteran
Veteran

Post by beauac »

I just realized that I overlooked something very important when giving my docs a final lookover. 8O I might be in some trouble tommorow because of it. But I am sick of being neurotic about this whole thing so f it. I am only human after all so tommorow, come what may, its just another day of life. Stay tuned for my write up tommorow!
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

beauac wrote:I just realized that I overlooked something very important when giving my docs a final lookover. 8O I might be in some trouble tommorow because of it. But I am sick of being neurotic about this whole thing so f it. I am only human after all so tommorow, come what may, its just another day of life. Stay tuned for my write up tommorow!
LOL! It does make one neurotic doesnt it??!! There are times in this quest of mine I have to walk away for a few weeks at a time because it consumes me, frustrates me and makes me want to quit as I worry over every damn thing. But your almost to the finish line. Cant wait to hear the news!
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

I'm only 22, and I noticed I started to go bald around January when I started this process. At Least thats what I want to blame it on :D . alot of this can be frustrating especially since you are working with state and local governments. one might also mention that you have to work with USCIS and the Italian government. yeah this is frustrating but the end result is worth it and the things we all have learned about our families and how on top of things we can be is truly awesome! Ill be looking for your write up tomorrow! good luck on the appointment!
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Im not bald but at 32 I have grays and I do think they are streaming in faster with the whole dual citizenship process, LOL
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

beauac wrote:I just realized that I overlooked something very important when giving my docs a final lookover. 8O I might be in some trouble tommorow because of it. But I am sick of being neurotic about this whole thing so f it. I am only human after all so tommorow, come what may, its just another day of life. Stay tuned for my write up tommorow!
Try not to worry too much, remember - worse comes to worse you'll just need a second appt. As long as you can ultimately get everything together you'll be fine. Of course, if you are missing something important b/c you can't get it, then you might want to worry a little.

Looking forward to the report later. :)