Happy thanksgiving . My appointment is tomorrow

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Happy thanksgiving . My appointment is tomorrow

Post by sceaminmonkey »

So I tried calling the consulate to ask if I can go with my mom to the appointment . No answer . Sould I still go with her tomorrow? I'm missing slot of papers in the none direct line and I am expecting a second appointment of course. If they do not offer how should I ask for a second appointment?

Look for my post tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Happy thanksgiving . My appointment is tomorrow

Post by JavaisLife »

Good luck today!!!!

Your appointment became topic of conversation over Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday, as my family and I were discussing our/the application process from this past year - we discussed your application and how it was similiar. From my family to yours - the best of luck today!

Best,
M
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

Good luck tomorrow. I would advise you to go with your mother. It would be very unusual in Italy for a mother to go anywhere alone to take care of any sort of family business. While each case may be personal, being recognized as an Italian citizen IS a family matter and the Consulate should have no problem whatsoever with you being there despite what has been stated in this forum.

By the way, the dual citizenship process was also the topic of our conversation at our Thanksgiving dinner.
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

Did they ask for any death certificates? This is very important to my case because my GF death certificate has his name as Andrew instead of Andrea. It was issued from the NYC archives and cannot be changed. I have a letter stating it cannot be corrected (thanks javaislife, Marie). If they do not ask for it then I have no ssue with it.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Yea they asked for them
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

Andrew is the English translation of Andrea. It should not be a problem. My grandfather's name is Guglielmo. His papers said "William" -- the English translation. Not an issue.