Non direct line death certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Non direct line death certificate

Post by Drew927 »

My grandmothers death certificate was issued by the local town hall and has been authenticated by the county. I will have an apostille attached before my appointment.

Will this be accepted by the NY consulate should they request it? She is not my direct line and I am lucky to have this document at all. NY State will not issue a copy unless I am a direct relative (spouse, child).

I am hoping that they don't ask for it at all because her birth date is 1 day off.
Any thoughts on this,
Drew
mler
Master
Master

Re: Non direct line death certificate

Post by mler »

Not to worry. NY rarely looks at the non-citizenship line, and even if they do, the death certificate is the least important. You should be fine.
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

Ok, Thanks.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

NYC did indeed ask for non direct line certificates but, to your advantage they did not ask for death . This was in late November of this year. So Luke 3 weeks ago. I hope it helps drew .
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

Every little bit helps.
We all are going by others previous experience. I'm feeling very good about all that i have but as I continue to look over my case, I find little things that I question. It is awsome to be able to post anything I may wonder about and have an answer that puts my mind at ease.
Thanks
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

also I forgot to mention they were indeed more easy going about non direct line documents. I dont want to jynx my application but, for my GM I used her baptismal certificate. so that is a good sign plus no death certiricates so I am hopeful for you! what discrepancies do you have by the way?
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

The only discrepencies I can see are my fathers middle initial instead of middle name on my birth certificate and his marriage certificate. My GM date of birth on her death certificate is one day off (probably the difference between the date of birth and the day it was recorded in the comune). My GF's death certificate does not have his date of birth recorded. This is an archived document and cannot be changed.