MY JOURNEY!!!!! forgive me im on my phone!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

MY JOURNEY!!!!! forgive me im on my phone!

Post by sceaminmonkey »

So I am writing this on my iphone. Forgive me for my poor grammar and misspellings as always. This is a summary. I am sorry I would have liked to include more!

Feburary 2010: I get the idea to look in to citizenship through my GF.
MID FEB: I contact ICAP. A company specialing in Italian citizenship. They give my price quotes etc.
March : I contact Carolyn Ugolini to request my GGf and GGM birth certificates from Napoli and Cimitile Napoli. I also request through ICAP to better my chances of finding it.
APRIL: I contact Carolyn for an update and she informs me that she cant find the email I sent her with my information. She did not ask I had to write her. I was pissed!
JULY: I am being told that Carolyn cant find Gennaro or Filomena In there communes. SHE also did not respond to emails between april and june! I had to say to her she lost my info and didn’t even ask give me an update!
In the man time I ordered naturalization documents through ICAP. They overcharge $245!
SEPTEMBER 1ST!!!! I ask ICAP for an update. They forward me an email which has the information for someone I have never heard of and is not even close to my GGF spelling! I have them correct the order but they never even appoligized. I also in the fax I sent them with the order form included a cover letter with the correct information. This was totally their F*** up!

SEPTEMBER 12th I join this forum and contact RICCARDO BRUNO whom I see does certificates.

SEPTEMBER 13th. ICAP AND CAROLYN update me with bullshit names and dates for my GGM. I tell them look again. Later in September they find her! Turns out she lied about her age by 2 years.
MID SEPTEMBER I AM TOLD THE RECORDS CANT BE FOUND! FOR BOTH COMMUNES. I BREAK DOWN AND FREAK OUT!

MID SEPTEMBER: I see the erros with my grandparents birthdates . At this point my American vital records arrive. I know from the forum I need to make corrections. I pursue it. It turns out NYC vital records will expidite records for dual citizenship. I lucked out! I made the corrections on the advice from another member!

OCTOBER. Carolyn is still blowing me off!
OCTOBER 1ST Riccardo does in a week what the other companies have taken 9 months to do. He is kind and even consultes me on the phone from italy. It made me proud to see the kindness that someone is showing me to help me succeed ! he was so kind at first I couldn’t believe it!
OCTOBER I have my moms marriage amended to use her fathers real name as well ask my GGM death certificate my GF birth my mothers birth and my GF death. He went by felix but was born felice!

NOVEMBER my moms appointment is coming up. I am preparing and reading this forum religiously.

MY APPOINTMENT. I go in hand the man ask for my GGF birth. I hand it to him. NO problem! He ask for marriage. I handed him a marriage recrd from our lady of mt carmel . he says “ no goodâ€
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: MY JOURNEY!!!!! forgive me im on my phone!

Post by sceaminmonkey »

also thank you to javaislife . her post was the first post I read and it was encouraging. she was also very encouraging. I also forgot to mention that I ordered a positivo-negativo letter from riccardo which I needed and was thrilled to have from him.
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

Thrilled to hear about your sucess!!

Drew
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Screaminmonkey, thanks for the nice words to me. I love to help people. I really believe in what I do and I try to make people happy
hugs
Riccardo