Looking for information on Calogero D'Angelo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for information on Calogero D'Angelo

Post by suz1154 »

Hello. I'm looking for information on a great aunt and her family. Her name was Rosa Antonina Aliseo. She's from Sicily and came to the U.S. in 1906, but in 1908 she got married and I've had little luck in tracking her after that. So, actually I'm hoping somebody might recognize the name of her husband. She married Calogero D'Angelo (in 1908) in Jackson County, Missouri. Calogero was 28 at the time of marriage, according to the documents, which would make him born around 1880. After they got married, I'm having trouble figuring out what happened to them. If anybody can help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks. Sue
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Looking for information on Calogero D'Angelo

Post by maestra36 »

1920 census info

Name: Calogero Angelo
Residence: , St Louis City, Missouri
Estimated Birth Year: 1890
Birthplace: Italy
Relationship to Head of Household: Self
Race: White
Marital Status: Married
Father's Birthplace:
Mother's Birthplace:
Film Number: 1820949
Digital Folder Number: 4313217
Image Number: 00047
Sheet Number: 1
Household Gender Age
Calogero Angelo M 30y
Spouse Rosie Angelo F 26y
Child Audrey Angelo M 5y
Child Michael Angelo M 3y
Child Novis Angelo M 1y
Child Milton Angelo M 1m
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Post by suz1154 »

Thank you. I saw that one, too, but Antonina Rosa was about 11 years younger than Calgero (according to the marriage license). There is also a "Charles D'Angelo" on a 1930 Missouri census, too. I can't remember now how close the ages matched up, but didn't know if he could have changed or Americanized his name. Was having trouble determing which, if any, were the correct one. Thanks again.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I would not pay as much attention to the age as I would to other info. Are the names of these children accurate?
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

here is a link to a death certificate for Calogero (Chas) Di Angelo - residence address - 134 S. Elmwood, Kansas City, Jackson Co. MO
Wife's name is Rose - died 3/30/1943 of Acute Myocarditis. Buried at St. Marys in K.C. Includes parents names.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/TIF2PDFConsumer/D ... 124007.pdf
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Post by suz1154 »

Thanks for all your help. I'm sorry, but I don't know the children's names. I really don't know much at all about this branch of the family. My husband (it's his side of the family) didn't even know any of his grandfather's family immigrated to the U.S from Sicily with him, until I started researching the family. And his parents, along with most all of the earlier generations, have passed away, so there is nobody to ask. They were married on the western side of Missouri, because the wedding docs said that was where the groom lived (the bride's family had moved into Kansas), so if they stayed in the same area they were married in, that death certificate could belong to the one I'm looking for. I'm going to check it out. Thanks again.