Searching for Newspaper Article

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
stargazer200529
Rookie
Rookie

Searching for Newspaper Article

Post by stargazer200529 »

My Great Grandmother's first husband killed her mother. This took place in the early 1900's in Italy. He was prosecuted and put in prison. Could this murder be in a newspaper or would there be a trial record of it somewhere?

My Grandmother and I think it would be interesting to read more about it. My Great Grandmother never spoke about it, and we were just wondering what the full story was. We don't know the exact year, just that it was early 1900s. Any ideas how I might find more information out about it?
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Re: Searching for Newspaper Article

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Ciao,

Do you know the town/ region in which this happened? That info will help you find a local paper that would have run the story. Here is a link to the archive for La Stampa one of Italy's large national papers. I'm not sure they would have run with this story, but their archives date back into the 1860's, so maybe you'll get lucky.

http://www.archiviolastampa.it/
stargazer200529
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks!

Any advice on the best way to search this? Will it pick up names? Should I search by year and location?
stargazer200529
Rookie
Rookie

Would there have been a trial? Maybe there are judicial records.