family history

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
johnnyfranco

family history

Post by johnnyfranco »

Hi, recently my father told me stories of my great-grandparents. He told me that they worked for the King of Naples. My great-grandmother was like a hairdresser and my great-grandfather was the carriage driver. One day he fell off of the carriage and became paralyzed, and soon died. My great-grandmother died shortly thereafter because of the grief, and my grandmother was left parentless at 5 or 6 years old. The king liked my great-grandparents so much that he bestowed my grandmother with money but it was quickly snatched up by my great uncles and aunts who took advantage of her young age. Basically, I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a website or book that I could find out information dealing with this story, and see if this is was somewhat documented. I doubt it was, but I'd be interested if anyone knew anything. Thanks a lot. I'll have to ask my dad what the surname was, so ill post it later.