Lost where to send for military records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Lost where to send for military records

Post by lilbees »

Okay, I know we have had quite a bit of discussion about where to send for records. I have the liste di leva already. They were born in Roccapiemonte, registered for the draft in Castellammare di Stabia, then moved to Lercara Friddi Sicily. Would they have re-registered there?

They served in the military from somewhere. Well, lost all of the above information I had. :wink:

I have written to Naples Archives, and nothing, written to Roccapiemonte (place of birth) nothing in Archives. Should I now write to Palermo to see if they have records. :?

Thanks,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Lost where to send for military records

Post by ricbru »

Libees, it doesnt matter where your ancestor was born, it is important
to know where he was resident at time of military service or military draft card. Palermo has military records after 1885 (birth year)
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Lost where to send for military records

Post by lilbees »

D___m! Thanks Riccardo. That rules out Palermo. Since he was born 1846 they would not have anything. His time of service was the years 1873-1878. So if they cut off at birth year 1885 I could write all year and get nothing.

Military service records are one of those "be nice to have" things.

Oh well! Thank you again.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa