Gaggini/Pierotti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JPierotti

Gaggini/Pierotti

Post by JPierotti »

Hi My name is Jayne Pierotti and i am trying to find out who my grandads parents were as my father Brian George Pierotti seems to have no recollection of who they were my grand father was ( Adolfo ) George Pierotti and he had brother Guiseppe,Fedrick and Did he also had three sister from what we know who were Nancy,Patricia and Victoria it also seems that a Guiseppe and Luigi are connected if any one has any info that could help it would be very much appriciated
vj
Master
Master

Re: Gaggini/Pierotti

Post by vj »

Jayne
Welcome to the Forum!
Where did your grandparents live?
Were they in the UK?
Have your found any records? (census, military registration, etc)
What was your grandfather's, (Adolfo) George Pierotti, wife's name?
Do you have any birth, marriage or death dates or records?
Thanks, Valarie
---

This may help

from ancestry. com

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1875/1914q.jpg

Name: Adolfo G Pierotti
Year of Registration: 1914
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Mother's Maiden Name: Casemore
District: Coventry
County: Warwickshire, West Midlands
Volume: 6d
Page: 1448

Adolfo's brother and sisters?

Name: Iratalina A Pierotti Year of Registration: 1912 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar Mother's Maiden Name: Casemore District: Coventry County: Warwickshire, West Midlands Volume: 6d Page: 1106

Name: Natalina Pierotti Year of Registration: 1913 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun Mother's Maiden Name: Casemore District: Coventry County: Warwickshire, West Midlands Volume: 6d Page: 1470

Name: Frederick Pierotti Mother's Maiden Surname: Casemore Date of Registration: Apr May Jun 1916 Registration district: Coventry Registration County: Warwickshire Volume Number: 6d Page Number: 1300
===
About England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915

Country wide civil registration of births, marriages and deaths commenced on 1 July 1837 in England and Wales. Registration took place at local civil registrars who in turn reported to the Registrar General at the General Register Office (GRO) in London. This national index to vital records is an essential source of genealogical information for family historians.

Since the original birth, marriage and death registers are not open to the public, access to the information on one of these certificates is done by first searching the national birth, marriage and death indexes, that have been created by the GRO for this purpose. The indexes for the three events are divided into volumes by year following which entries are listed alphabetically. Once an entry in one of the indexes is found, you are then able to use that information to order of copy of a death, marriage or birth certificate from the GRO.

Information that can be obtained from the birth index includes:
- Full name of child
- Maiden name of mother
- Month and year of registration
- Registration district (each county in England and Wales was divided up into registration districts; jurisdictions are organized and appear as they existed at the time the record was created)
- Inferred county (the county is inferred based on what counties the registration district covered)
- Volume number
- Page number

Note: The district listed is the district where the event was registered, not necessarily the location where the event actually occurred.

This database is made available to Ancestry. com users, courtesy of the volunteers of the FreeBMD organization. The leadership of FreeBMD have organized the permissions and tools necessary to enable thousands of volunteers to convert to electronic text, and publish online, searchable indexes to the civil registrations in England and Wales. Because of the nature of the index you will note that not all of the fields have been indexed all of the time. Until 1866, most of the indexes were handwritten, making the task of conversion sometimes difficult.
JPierotti

Re: Gaggini/Pierotti

Post by JPierotti »

Hi there my grandfather was Adolfo Pierotti ( we never called him that he was known as george ) and his wife was called Edith Sterland ( my grandma) i have not been able to find any military history which i would love to find out about because he never talked about it i have acess to ancestry.co.uk but i ma struggling to find anything anything else that you have would be of a great help many thanks

Jayne x