surname help...Cignoli from Casteggio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jerry_c

surname help...Cignoli from Casteggio

Post by jerry_c »

My family arrived in the US in 1864. They were from Casteggio/Voghera/Torricella area. Anyone know where i can get information. Also the statue in Casteggio dedicated to the Cignoli Family is supposed to be relevant to my family. My great grandfathers name was Felice Cignoli
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surname help...Cignoli from Casteggio

Post by suanj »

jerry_c wrote:My family arrived in the US in 1864. They were from Casteggio/Voghera/Torricella area. Anyone know where i can get information. Also the statue in Casteggio dedicated to the Cignoli Family is supposed to be relevant to my family. My great grandfathers name was Felice Cignoli
About the Cignoli monument in Casteggio, this is the story:
the members of Cignoli family was all peasants, borns and residents in Torricella town; the 20 MAY 1859, the dominating Austrians soldiers found an bag with little powder for bullets of guns in Cignoli's house.
All members of family and also some other person that were in house were arrest shoots on road for Casteggio...
suanj
jerry_c

Post by jerry_c »

Thank you suanj for your prompt reply. I heard an almost identical story regarding the massacre. I was told the people were brothers of my great grandfather. You seem very knowlegable about this subject. Are you from that area? Do you know if there are any microfilm records available of that time? Jerry
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Here are the microfilm records of Casteggio available from the family history center of the LDS church. Birth, marriage and death records from 1866 - 1929. Dosen't go back as far as the event you mentioned, but may help you in your research.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

jerry_c wrote:Thank you suanj for your prompt reply. I heard an almost identical story regarding the massacre. I was told the people were brothers of my great grandfather. You seem very knowlegable about this subject. Are you from that area? Do you know if there are any microfilm records available of that time? Jerry
Hi, I live in Italy, but far from Torricella area.. and about microfilm, are the microfilm from Mormons, but starting from 1866, see please:
Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1928 Torricella Verzate (Pavia). Ufficio dello stato civile ... but, for your need, you can write in the Common of Torricella Verzate :
Ufficio Anagrafe
Palazzo Comunale
27050 Torricella Verzate (PV)
Italy

.. and you can have all replies...
suanj