Roadblock on finding ship manifest - Cauda

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ItalUrgoGal

Roadblock on finding ship manifest - Cauda

Post by ItalUrgoGal »

I was told that my grandfather Giovanni Battista Cauda (John Michael Cauda) was born in New Jersey in 1906 and then, Giovanni’s parents and Giovanni went back to Turnio, Italy because they didn’t like here in US when they stayed in US briefly. I don’t know anything about his parents, siblings, and extended family.

I don’t know my grandfather that much because he died a year before I was born. I searched for his Social Security Death Index (SSDI) and was confirmed that he was the right person. I applied for his SS form in order to find out his parents’ names. It showed that his parents were John Cauda and Margaret Massero. Also, my grandfather was born on July 11, 1906 on SS form but my mother told me her father was born on June 6, 1906.

I was frustrated that I was not able find the ship manifest when my grandfather’s parents came here before my grandfather was born.

Also, I found the ship manifest listed as United States Citizens (Sept 30, 1930) of Giov. Battista Cauda came by himself when he was 24 years old, single and in fact, it said he was born in Englewood NY (it should be NJ) on July 11, 1906 and stayed at Michael Cauda’s in NJ (my mother thinks his cousin but not sure which relative?)

My point is that I need to find the ship manifest of Giovanni’s parents when they came here from Turnio, Italy. I rely on those two documents that I only have are SS Form and Giovanni’s ship manifest (not his parents). I would be more appreciated if you can able to find it. Thank you in advance for your time.
vj
Master
Master

Re: Roadblock on finding ship manifest - Cauda

Post by vj »

Hi!
Just so we don't duplicate previous research
This may help

from 2008
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =8610.html
suanj
V.I.P.