Strangis

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Strangis

Post by pink67 »

I don't know how long they lived in Massachusetts before moving to Chicago.
On Antonio Strangis's 25 september 1919 death certificate Francesco and Julia stated they were living in Chicago since 5 months (so, they moved to Chicago approx on april 1919) but they stated also that Antonio was born on 1 september 1918 in Niagara Falls - NY.
Maybe you can also request Antonio Strangis's birth certificate and see if it contains new details...

Laura
CWoodzie

Post by CWoodzie »

Thanks Laura,
How would I go about finding out info from Italy? Who would I contact and how hard is it to get? Since Antonio was born in Niagara Falls and that is where I live would I just go to City Hall?
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

You need to write to the town hall of Lamezia Terme (Sambiase belongs to this Comune/town
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/calabr ... biase.html ) and ask for Francesco Strangis birth act, on this site you can find some form letters in italian:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

It's better to specify in your request that Francesco was born in Sambiase (Since 1968 Sambiase itself doesn't exist as a Comune but it was admitted with two other towns to create the Comune of Lamezia Terme)

the address is:

Comune di Lamezia Terme
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Sen. Arturo Perugini
88046 Lamezia Terme (CZ)
ITALY

Regarding Antonio Strangis's birth certificate in Niagara falls I believe you have to request the document here:

http://www.niagarafallsusa.org/clerk_certificates.cfm

Laura
CWoodzie

Post by CWoodzie »

Thanks Laura,

Will I have to translate the letter to Italian? I wonder if they would also have info on Francesco Trunzo.

Thanks, Carol
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

You need to write to the town hall of Lamezia Terme (Sambiase belongs to this Comune/town
italia.indettaglio.it/...biase.html ) and ask for Francesco Strangis birth act, on this site you can find some form letters in italian:

www.circolocalabrese.o.../index.asp

It's better to specify in your request that Francesco was born in Sambiase (Since 1968 Sambiase itself doesn't exist as a Comune but it was admitted with two other towns to create the Comune of Lamezia Terme)
Carol, the link I gave you it's a form italian letter generator....

I would advise you to ask for first for the person of which you have sure dates, so Francesco Strangis born in Sambiase on/around 16 january 1892 could be a good start point...

Laura
CWoodzie

Post by CWoodzie »

Laura,

I am going to get a letter out. Thanks again for your help. Loved the fulton history link. If you have any other links please send them. I just really want to know my family history.

Thanks,
Carol