Surnames VENTURA and DI CIACCIA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
oscarventura

Surnames VENTURA and DI CIACCIA

Post by oscarventura »

Hi. I am looking for some of my ancestors. My greatgrandfather, Francisco Ventura, came to Uruguay some time before 1898 (when he was married here with Umberta Bertocchi). He gave as his place of birth LENA and said to be son of José Ventura (I imagine the name was translated to Spanish for the official records) and Teresa Diciaccia (although I imagine the correct surname is Di Ciaccia, since neither Diciaccia or its variations is existing in Italy, as far as I know). The only LENA I know of is in PONTELANDOLFO (Benevento), but I am not sure whether my ancestor came or not from there. I would be glad if anyone has any information about these surnames and wants to share it.

Regards, Oscar
Oscar N. Ventura (Zignani Bertocchi Di Ciaccia)
Montevideo - Uruguay
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surnames VENTURA and DI CIACCIA

Post by suanj »

oscarventura wrote:Hi. I am looking for some of my ancestors. My greatgrandfather, Francisco Ventura, came to Uruguay some time before 1898 (when he was married here with Umberta Bertocchi). He gave as his place of birth LENA and said to be son of José Ventura (I imagine the name was translated to Spanish for the official records) and Teresa Diciaccia (although I imagine the correct surname is Di Ciaccia, since neither Diciaccia or its variations is existing in Italy, as far as I know). The only LENA I know of is in PONTELANDOLFO (Benevento), but I am not sure whether my ancestor came or not from there. I would be glad if anyone has any information about these surnames and wants to share it.

Regards, Oscar
Well Oscar, are many possibility that -really- the exact spelling is ELENA and not Lena; ELENA was the name of Borgo di Gaeta common, present from 1897 to 1927, and currently are the old city of Gaeta Common; currently, in Gaeta are many
-Di Ciaccio people (Di Ciaccia are an mistaken version very rare): http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... 3&cc=40450&
-Ventura people http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... 3&cc=40450&
well send your request in Gaeta common (Latina province, Lazio region)

....regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH