looking for grandfather,s home

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
primono1

looking for grandfather,s home

Post by primono1 »

While we are in Italy this spring after leaving Giovinazzo, Bari we will be traveling to Campo Basso ....to find any family of Giuseppe Cieri, my grandfather...... he was born about 1884 in Morrone, Campo Basso... he married Teresa Iorio....she was born about 1885 in Molise Italy....her father's name was Raffaele Iorio....they came to the U.S. around 1901......that is all the information I have....if anyone knows anything about my family please let me know, time is getting short........ ???
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: looking for grandfather,s home

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Where did Giuseppe and Teresa settle in the US? What are some/all of their children's names and years of birth?

This information will greatly help in locating the correct records.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
primono1

Post by primono1 »

Hi Carmine, They settlrd in Jersey City, New Jersey.....They had 7 children Victoria born in 1907.... Angelo born in 1910 .... Susan born in 1914 .... Mary born about 1915.... Rose born about 1917.... my father Anthony Samuel born in 1921.... and Anna born in 1927. I don't know if there was any family left behind in Italy. Thank you for any help you can give me.I'm very excited to go to Campo Basso.......primono1
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

WWI Draft Registration card:

Click once to enlarge, then click again for maximum magnification.

Difficult to be certain, but wife's full name may have been Maria Teresa.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

WWII Draft Registration card:

Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Probable 1910 census; near bottom of page. Note wife "Marie T." and 3 year-old daughter "Maria V." Giuseppe arrived US 1898, wife in 1904.

Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

1930 census?

1930 United States Federal Census about Angelo Cerr
Name: Angelo Cerr
Home in 1930: Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey
View Map
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1910
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: Joseph Cerr
Mother's Name: Lessie Cerr
Race: White
Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Cerr 47
Lessie Cerr 42 << -- probably "Tessie"
Angelo Cerr 20
Susie Cerr 17
Mary Cerr 15
Rosie Cerr 13
Tony Cer 9
Annie Cer 3

Carmine

primono1

Post by primono1 »

Hi Carmine, You did it !...... he is my grandfather ....I'd like to fine his home in Marrone,Italy...... to see if I have any family there.... it would be amazing to find relatives while i'm there.......also, how would I go about finding those they left behind, if any.....thank you so ,I was so excited to to read what found ......thank you again...hope to hear from you again........primono1
primono1

Post by primono1 »

Hi Carmine , If you read my other posting , you'll see we are also going to Giovinazzo , Italy to try and find my husband's cousins there 12 of them so i'm sure some of them are still there..... we tried in 2007 when we went there , we went to an old address I found, Aunt Anna had moved to an apt. she had bought for her son.....he went to Australia .... we looked in phone books, asked people in stores, we just didn't know what to do ....I thought it would be so easy because Giovinazzo is such a small town.....i'm hoping someone can help......this trip is all about trying to find our families.....
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

The current Italian telephone directory doesn't list any Cieri's in Morrone; there are 15 listings in the province of Campobasso: http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... &td=3&l=en
Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

For Australia, go to http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/ and click the "Guest" button to login the easy way. On the next page, enter a name (start with just a surname) in the Keywords box and then click Search.

You may find some very interesting stuff. If there is a page icon in the "Digitised Item" column, just click it to see the documents. If no icon, then you can order copies of the documents for a fee.
Carmine

primono1

Post by primono1 »

Hi carmine , When we get to CAMPOBASSO , I'll try the phone book .....What do you think my chances are of finding our cousins in GIOVINAZZO..I'M REALL HOPING SINCE I SPENT ALMOST 7 WEEKS WITH THEM IN 1975 .....ONE OF THE COUSINS GOT MARRIED WHILE WE WERE IT WAS AMAZING ....I HAVE SUCH GREAT MEMORIES......AND WOULD REALLY LIKE TO CONNECT WITH THEM AGAIN.....MY HUSBAND SPEAKS A LITTLE ITALIAN ....UNDERSTANDS BETTER......THANKS PRIMONO1
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

This link http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... &td=3&l=en will take you to the Italian telephone directory online. Did you try it yet?
Carmine