Maria Calabrese nee?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Help
Rookie
Rookie

Maria Calabrese nee?

Post by Help »

Searching for the maiden name of my great grandmother Maria Calabrese born in Pomarico in 1867.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Maria Calabrese nee?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Help wrote:Searching for the maiden name of my great grandmother Maria Calabrese born in Pomarico in 1867.
Not much to go on here. Did she emigrate to the US? If so, what details do you have?

What was her husband's name? His date/year of birth? If they came to the US, where did they live?

Children's names and years of birth?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Help
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Help »

She came to Toronto, Ontario, Canada I believe in 1915 & died there in 1945. Her husband, Vito Calabrese was apparently a lawyer & never came to Canada. He was listed as dead on a 1915 Canadian document at the age of 74, but I have no birth date or exact death date for him.

Their daughter Angelina Calabrese was born in Pomerico or Salandra, Italy on 24 May 1885. She died in Toronto, Canada on 17 Dec 1965. Angelina married Giuseppe Dominic Scandiffio (1878-1961) in 1901 in Italy & they immigrated to New York in Oct 1901. They came to Canada in 1910.
Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paolo47 »

Hello help and Carmine, :D
If daughter Angelina Calabrese was born in Pomerico or Salandra, Italy on 24 May 1885, head on over to a Family History Center
near you https://familysearch.org/locations and rent the films that contain the appropriate records.
Angelina's birth act should have her mothers maiden name on it.

Salandra http://tinyurl.com/46qoxww

Pomerico http://tinyurl.com/4e2hnxw

Happy hunting,
Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.
Help
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Help »

Thanks, have already ordered microfilm records from Pomarico & looking forward to seeing them. I will now also order ones from Salandra to be delivered to my local family history centre.
Sandra
Help
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Help »

Have found out through viewing microfilm that this was her maiden name. Please disregard my earlier request to find a maiden name for her. Thanks, S.