Irish Citizenship Received Today For My Wife

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Haztek
Master
Master

Irish Citizenship Received Today For My Wife

Post by Haztek »

My wife received her Irish Citizenship today! Only took from September 2010 until today. Also, no in person visit to the Consulate was required. Everything was done by mail! After reading what posters have to go through for Italian Citizenship, her Irish Citizenship was a breeze. She had all the required documents already because of her interest in her family genealogy.

Next up, her Irish Passport!

jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Irish Citizenship Received Today For My Wife

Post by CowryShells »

Congratulations to your wife! The Irish passport is easily maintained, much like the USA passport; it is valid for 10 years. There is no need to pay an additional yearly tax to keep the Irish passport valid, unlike the Italian passport.

However, for many people it is worth the trouble to acquire (or to be officially recognized for) Italian citizenship, because it can be passed on to children and grandchildren, etc.. Irish citizenship cannot be passed on to your grandchildren and it can only be passed on to children who are born to you after you acquire it (or are officially recognized for it).
Haztek
Master
Master

Re: Irish Citizenship Received Today For My Wife

Post by Haztek »

Thank you CowryShells.

My wife is way-y-y-y-y beyond child bearing age.

Jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.