Ognibene Family from Vallelunga

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ognibene

Ognibene Family from Vallelunga

Post by ognibene »

I am looking for the siblings and ancestors of Rosario Ognibene. If anyone can help me, please send me a message. Here is what I have so far:

Rosario Ognibene b: abt. 1854 in Italy.
+ Loreta Bonasera b: abt. 1855 in Italy.
___1. Salvatore Ognibene b: abt. 1877 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy.
_____+ Maria Auriemma b: abt. 1880 1880 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy, d: 22 Feb 1925
_______i. Laura Ognibene b: abt. 1907 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy
_______ii. Edith Ognibene b: abt. 1911 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy
_______iii. Rosario Ognibene b: abt. 1913 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy
___2. Michele Ognibene b: bef. 1885.
_____+ Anna Russo m: 10 Aug 1908 in Manhattan, NY, USA.
___3. Laura M Ognibene b: abt. 1886 in Italy.
___4. Rose R Ognibene b: abt. 1888 in Italy.
_____+ Samuel LaDuca b: abt. 1884 in Italy
_______i. Samuel LaDuca Jr. b: abt. Sep 1909 in New York, USA
_______ii. Lucy LaDuca b: abt. 1911 in New York, USA
_______iii. Laura LaDuca b: abt. 1919 in New York, USA
___5. Mary L Ognibene b: abt. 1891 in Italy.
_____+ John Mendolia b: abt 1891 in Italy
_______i. Arthur Mendolia b: 06 May 1917 in Brooklyn, NY, USA. d: 19 Oct 2007 in Wilmington, DE, USA
_______ii. Rosario Mendolia b: 19 Sep 1919 in Brooklyn, NY, USA. d: 21 Jun 2007 in Berkeley Heights, NJ, USA
___6. Lucia Ognibene b: abt. 1893 in Italy.
_____+ Lawrence Lupo m: 28 Oct 1914 in Kings, New York, USA.
___7. Leon Ognibene b: 23 Jul 1895 in Palermo, Sicilia, Italy. d: abt 1964.
_____+ Rosa Bonasera b: 11 Jan 1900 in Italy d: Dec 1977 in Brooklyn, NY, USA
_______i. Raymond Ognibene b: 03 Apr 1921 d: May 1967 in Massapequa, NY, USA
_______ii. James J Ognibene b: 12 Jan 1925 d: 24 May 2000 in Holbrook, NY, USA
_______iii. Leon Ognibene Jr. b: 07 Oct 1932 d: 07 Oct 1997 in Browns Mills, NJ, USA
_______iv. Living Ognibene was born on 17 Apr 1939
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Ognibene Family from Vallelunga

Post by adelfio »

I pretty sure you have the birth record of Salvatore Ognibene born Feb 14 1877 here it is
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7770/salor.jpg

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage record of Rosario Ognibene and Loreta Bonasera 1873 in Vallelunga
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8080/rosaop.jpg

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

adelfio wrote:Marriage record of Rosario Ognibene and Loretta Bonasera 1873 in Vallelunga
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8080/rosaop.jpg

Marty
In the year 1873 march 14 before the civil official of Vallelunga Calogero Padua appeared Michelle Bonasera giving permission for the marriage of Rosario Ognibene and Loretta Bonasera.
Rosario Ognibene single age 18 son of Salvatore Ognibene and Loretta ????all living in Vallelunga
Loretta Bonasera single age 17 daughter of Michelle Bonasera and Rosa Rinato??

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Checked on Maria Auriemma b: abt. 1880 1880 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy, d: 22 Feb 1925 did not see her in the birth records of Vallelunga for 1879-1880

Marty

Marty
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

This is your family lineage, as it appears in the book "Le famiglie di Vallelunga", author Giuseppe Cipolla

Mario married to Vincenza

Son of Mario and Vincenza: Francesco married to Loreta D’Alessi 11/29/1727. Deceased 9/2/1765 at age 60 y.

Son of Francesco and Loreta D’Alessi: Salvatore married to Calcedonia Fiorella 8/6/1776. Deceased 3/31/1784 at age 38 y.

Son of Salvatore and Calcedonia Fiorella: Liborio married to Anna Maria Spera 16/6/1802

Son of Liborio and Anna Maria Spera: Salvatore married to: 1) Stefana Varsalona 2/17/1828; 2) Loreta Gervasi 4/20/1850; 3) Vincenza Chimera 11/6/1863

Son of Salvatore and Loreta Gervasi: Rosario married to Loreta Bonasera on 2/15/1873
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
ognibene

Post by ognibene »

Marty & Marcello,

Thank you so much for your help! I noticed though that both of you have a different marriage date for Rosario Ognibene and Loreta Bonasera. Which one is the correct one?

Is it possible that Loreta's parents are Giuseppe and Giuseppa Trabona? That might explain the difference in the marriage date?

The information I found for Loreta, daughter of Michele and Rosaria Sinatra list that Loreta died 04 OCT 1844

Unfortunately I do not read or speak Italian and therefore have to find someone who can help me out with translating the marriage record.

On another note, Marcello, would you happen to know where I could get a copy of the book?

Thanks again,
Tina
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marcello is correct on the date Feb 15 1873 Do have the parents of Maria Auriemma?

Marty

Marty
ognibene

Post by ognibene »

Unfortunately i do not have any more information on Maria Auriemma, but i can tell you that Maria and Salvatore had 3 children per Ellis Island records. Their names are

Laura Ognibene b: abt. 1907 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy
Edith Ognibene b: abt. 1911 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy
Rosario Ognibene b: abt. 1913 in Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy

Rosario might be Rosaria. the 1930 New York census lists Rosaria (female)

Tina
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I loooked at the ship manifest it says that Maria Auriemma father was Vincenzo Auriemma and he was from Gragnano Napoli region Campania Italy address via s.g. Maggiore,25 so maybe Maria was born there and italians usually get married in the brides hometown I looked through the records for Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltanissetta and no records of Maria or the kids for those dates.Correction on Loretta Bonasera single age 17 daughter of Michelle Bonasera and Rosa Sinatra.
Rosario Ognibene single age 18 son of Salvatore Ognibene and Loretta Gervasi all living in Vallelunga

Marty A

Marty
ognibene

Post by ognibene »

Thank you Marty, now i was able to confirm the statement that was made by a family member that Leon Ognibene who was married to Rosa Bonasera where also 1st cousins 1x removed.

Could i ask one more question? Would you happen to be able to have access to information in regards to Rosario's siblings?

Again....thank you so much for you helping me getting over this brick wall I was facing for so many years.

Tina
karenog1

Post by karenog1 »

HI My name is Karen Ognibene. My grandfathers name was Rosario Ognibene and he had a sister named Laura. I was wondering if this is the same Ognibene family you are looking for. They lived in Brooklyn NY and they also had a brother named Vinny. My fathers name is Michael and I know he was named after his grandfather.. Please let me know because I can help fill in some missing information.
ognibene

Post by ognibene »

Hi Karen,

Sorry for the late responds, but I was in the midst of closing on a house and moving. This is the first time in 4 months that I get a chance to work on the family tree again.

Was you great grandfather's name Salvatore Ognibene and his wife Maria Auriemma? If so, we are talking about the same family (look at my first post above for more family info), even if not I am sure we are talking about the same family, because my Ognibene family is from Brooklyn and so far it is the only Ognibene family That I could find in that area. There is another one in the Boston area but so far I don't have a connection between the two families.

Looking forward hearing more from you!
karenog1

Post by karenog1 »

Hi It is Karen Ognibene
I am a descendent of Michele(Michael) and Anna Russo. They were my great grandparents. They had 3 children Rosario S Ognibene ( I believe his middle name was Salvatore) Laura Ognibene and Vincent Ognibene. Rosario was my grandfather he married Rosa (Napoli) and they had 2 children Michael(my dad) and Anne. Laura had married Guy( not sure of last name) and had Guy jr, Claudia and Adrian. Vincent had no biological children. If you want any more info let me know. I see you live in florida. I do too!! My dad grew up in brooklyn Dyker Heights 79th and 13 ave. I lived on Long Island most of my life and moved to florida 11 years ago.
LisaMarieCalifra

Post by LisaMarieCalifra »

I have some info on Michele(Michael) Ognibene and Anna Russo's line.

They had 3 children, I dont know the birth order.
1 Laura Ognibene- born in NY, Married to a man named Guy
Children- Adrian- female
Claudia
Guy Jr
2 Rosario Ognibene born in manhattan on 6/7/1908,Died jan. 94',buried in Queens,(nick named Sal) NY Married Rose Napoli b. 4/17/1909, in Detriot Michigan. Rose died 7/8/98. Rose is buried in Windham, NY. They were married in Brooklyn, NY
Children A- Michael Ognibene born 1/4/41 Brooklyn, NY died in 1998 in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY- Maried Patricia Rossmango
Michaels Children- Doreen Ognibene (Zink) resides in Florida
Karen Ognibene (dowdell) resides in Florida born 7/21/70
Patricia Ognibene resides in floria
B. Anne Camile Ognibene (Califra) Born Brooklyn 06/06/46, NY, Resides in Tucson, AZ. Married Anthony Ernest Califra 10/21/68 in Brooklyn, NY
Annes Children
Lisa Marie Califra (Soule). Born 11/30/70 in brooklyn, NY - No children , Resideds in Athens, NY
Jean Califra.(Walsh) born 08/15/72 in Brooklyn, Ny, resides Coxsackie, NY