Advice needed

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Advice needed

Post by leryan »

maestra36 very kindly helped to translate this marriage record for me and at the end of the document it states that the dates of first and second marriage publications were Dec 5th and 12th. The film from the FHL only contains the one record.

My question would be is it possible to get the entire record that would include all corresponding documents? If so would the following be the correct address to send the request for Castel Campagnano? Also what type of record would I be requesting, the allegati? marriage publications with those two dates? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comune di Castel Campagnano
Via Municipio
81010 Castel Campagnano CE

http://img31.imageshack.us/i/aldimarcuc ... ageit.jpg/
Surnames: Aldi, Campagnano, De Carlo, Del Santo, Marcuccio, Tebano
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Advice needed

Post by adelfio »

The marriage banns would have almost the same info as the marriage act might have the birth records with the banns allegati usually has more info if its available
Supporting documents [processetti or allegati]. These documents were often filed by the bride and groom in support of their intent or "solemn promise" to marry. Records proving their births and their parents’ births and deaths and sometimes documentation on earlier generations may be included. The names of former spouses and their death dates are also provided.Provided by familysearch.org

Per favore, vi chiedo di spedirmi una fotocopie dei delle informazioni dai vostri registri su Pubblicazioni di matrimonio e allegati di (names and dates)
Please may I have a photo copy of the records of the marriage bann and allegati

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by leryan »

Thank you so much! I've pretty much exhausted the resources through the FHL. I believe I have the correct address but could not find if I needed to address the request to a particular department such as Ufficio dello Stato Civile? Would this be correct?

Thank you again,

Lesa
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Looks like the address is
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune Di Castel Campagnano
Via Municipio, 2
81010 Castel Campagnano (CE)
Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by leryan »

One more stupid question since you have been so kind. Should I enclose a copy of the marriage record that I have with the request? Would that help?

Lesa
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes you could include any record that might help them. Any accurate dates and names will make the comune's job easier and might get the records back quicker to you.

Sto accludendo una copia delle Atto di Matrimonio di (names and dates)
I am enclosing a copy of Marriage Act of

Marty

Marty
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by leryan »

Thanks. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get a response.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Municipio, 2
Italy

Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo (Your Name) Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho biosgno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da Comune Di Castel Campagnano Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Nome e cognome (Husband name)
Nome e cognome della moglie (Wifes name)
Data di matrimonio (date of marriage)
Luogo di matrimonio da Comune Di Castel Campagnano
Per favore, vi chiedo di spedirmi una fotocopie dei delle informazioni dai vostri registri su Pubblicazioni di matrimonio e allegati.
Sto accludendo una copia delle Atto di Matrimonio di (name of husband and wife)
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di farmi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso effettuare il pagamento.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
Your info name address email
Maybe someone else will add some info or more help...
Make sure enclose a self address envelope back to you the more you do the less work they have in Italy and some form of money for postage it cost them a 1.60 euro to send a letter to the USA
Here is a rough draft for you Lesa. Great Researching....
Marty A

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

adelfio wrote:Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Municipio, 2
Italy

Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo (Your Name) Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho biosgno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da Comune Di Castel Campagnano Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Nome e cognome (Husband name)
Nome e cognome della moglie (Wifes name)
Data di matrimonio (date of marriage)
Luogo di matrimonio da Comune Di Castel Campagnano
Per favore, vi chiedo di spedirmi una fotocopie dei delle informazioni dai vostri registri su Pubblicazioni di matrimonio e allegati.
Sto accludendo una copia delle Atto di Matrimonio di (name of husband and wife)
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di farmi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso effettuare il pagamento.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
Your info name address email
Maybe someone else will add some info or more help...
Make sure enclose a self address envelope back to you the more you do the less work they have in Italy and some form of money for postage it cost them a 1.60 euro to send a letter to the USA
Here is a rough draft for you Lesa. Great Researching....
Marty A
Rough translation for you
My name is( ) I am researching my ancestors and need information from your records.
My ancestors come from Comune Di Castel Campagnano I would like to know more about them.
Information of Husband and Wife
Please,I ask you to send a photocopy of the information from your records on Publications of marriage and the Allegati of (NAMES)
If you do not have the necessary records, could you provide the address of the place where the records can be found?
Please let me know the cost of your help and how I can pay.
I thank you in advance for your help
Sincerely

Marty
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by leryan »

Truly I can't thank you enough. This is so much better than my cobbled together letter from google translate. Off to the bank for some euros...

Lesa
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Lesa check your Private messages

Marty

Marty