Looking for family of Ugolina Vannucci Pistoia, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jjvan

Looking for family of Ugolina Vannucci Pistoia, Italy

Post by jjvan »

I know my father's mother was a Vannucci, born in Pistoia, Italy April of 1889 I think. I'm visiting in Sept and would like to connect to family. My maiden name is Innocenti and I also know my grandfather was from Pistoia. His father was Silla and his mother was Elvira, help in finding that family would also be appreciated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for family of Ugolina Vannucci Pistoia, Italy

Post by Tessa78 »

Welcome to the forum! :-)

There are currently 82 listings for persons names "Vannucci" in Pistoia in the Italian Phone Book...
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0

And 273 with the name "Innocenti"
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0

If you choose to write to someone listed...
Letters in Italian:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html

T.
jjvan

Post by jjvan »

I looked at the 2 posts from Tessa78. I don't know where to start with the names in the Pistoia phone book. I know my father's grandfather was a lawyer but that was in the early 1900's before my grandfather left Italy. My father's name was Carlos,(Charles)and he was born in 1907. He had a brother Renzo, born in 1903 in Pistoia before my grandmother came to Chicago to meet my grandfather Mario Innocenti.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

A good place to start is with names that you find in your family... such as Carlo and Renzo - as you stated.

The letter links are to POTENTIAL relatives. Obviously, you will not know if you have connected to someone who is related to you until you hear back from them...
BUT they may also be able to provide you will additional information or direction.

Try sending out a couple or more letters. There is a Carlo Vannucci listed and a Dr. Renzo Vannucci.

This would be the format for addressing the envelope:
Vannucci Carlo
Via Vacchereccia, 35
51100 Pistoia (PT)
Italy

Be sure to put "USA" on the last line of your return address. You might even send a self-addressed envelope for their convenience.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I know my father's mother was a Vannucci, born in Pistoia, Italy April of 1889 I think.
Do you have this marriage document?

Ugolina Vannucchi (their spelling) is listed as 21 years of age. That would put her date of birth at about 1885. This also corresponds with her age in the 1930 Census...

Click once to enlarge, and again to magnify...

T.
jjvan

Post by jjvan »

Tessa78 you are much more experienced at finding info than I. That marriage license in fact would be theirs since they married here in the USA. Thanks for your help and I will continue with some of your suggestions. I'm glad to see the correct spelling of Ugolina's maiden name.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Do you have the US Census Records?

T.
jjvan

Post by jjvan »

The US census records work but the info there I already have. I'm interested in making connections to family in Pistoia so I think I'll follow Tessa78's suggestion about trying family names in Italy unless there are other ideas on finding relatives in Italy.