Searching for Siciliani & Mainiero families in Benevento

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siciliani

Searching for Siciliani & Mainiero families in Benevento

Post by siciliani »

I am searching for my mother-in-law's ancestors in Castifranco med Miscano and Bari. Cognomes: Siciliani and Mainiero. Thank you for your help.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Searching for Siciliani & Mainiero families in Benevento

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome! :-)

Can you provide a few more details?

What years of birth, marriage? First names?

Did they immigrate to US or another country?

The Comune is "Castelfranco in Miscano" in Benevento Province, Campania Region...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

If you wish to write directly to "Castelfranco in Miscano"...

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Roma, 7
82022 Castelfranco in Miscano (BN)
ITALY

You should make your request for birth, marriage records in Italian...
Help with letters.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

For the ancestors from Bari... you will need to know the exact comune (town) in which they were born before you can request records.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

There are currently 4 listings for "Mainiero" in the Italian Phone book in Castelfranco in Miscano

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... In+Miscano

If you wish to write to inquire about possible relatives...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives

T.
siciliani

Post by siciliani »

Thanks! Angie's dad = Vito Nicola Siciliani b: 23 May 1889 in Carbonari di Bari d: 23 Nov 1965 in Orange, CA, USA. Vito's Nicola's dad= Vito Luigi Siciliani b: abt 1869 in Bari, Puglia d: abt 1951 in Bari, Puglia. Vito Nicola's mom= Maria diSanti (we are not sure about her) b: 1878 in Carbonara, Bari, Puglia d: 2 Jan 1960 in same place.
siciliani

Post by siciliani »

My mother-in-law, Angie's mom, was Lucia Rocco Paoletta b: 21 Aug 1898 in Castilfranco in Miscano, Benevento d: 14 Feb. 1971 in Orange, CA, USA. (retired in California after raising family in Chicago, IL, USA) Lucia's father was Michele Paoletta b: abt 1879 in Castilfranco in Miscano, Benevento d: unknown. Lucia's mother was Maria Leonardo Mainero b: abt 1881 in Castilfranco in Miscano, Benevento d: unknown. Thank you for any help you can give us!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

siciliani wrote:Thanks! Angie's dad = Vito Nicola Siciliani b: 23 May 1889 in Carbonari di Bari d: 23 Nov 1965 in Orange, CA, USA. Vito's Nicola's dad= Vito Luigi Siciliani b: abt 1869 in Bari, Puglia d: abt 1951 in Bari, Puglia. Vito Nicola's mom= Maria diSanti (we are not sure about her) b: 1878 in Carbonara, Bari, Puglia d: 2 Jan 1960 in same place.
Does the family tree at Ancestry.com for this family of Vito Siciliani belong to you?

I looked at the manifest for Vito Siciliani in 1906, coming from Carbonara... Is this your Vito Luigi? Did the elder Vito ever come to US?

The passenger Vito Siciliani is going to his "brother-in-law Rafaelle Pisani" in Chicago.
The two lines above him have the wife (Santa Ventrella) and daughter (Teresa Pisani) of Rafaelle Pisani, going to the same address, both are also from Carbonara.

Possible the mother's last name is Pisani, not diSanti???

T.
siciliani

Post by siciliani »

Yes, the Hughes/Sicilani tree on Ancestry.com is ours. Interesting idea about the Pisani name. I will have to ask Angie to see if this might be a possibility. Thank you!
siciliani

Post by siciliani »

The elder Vito (Luigi) may have visited the US, but I believe his residence was always Italy.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The reason I asked about Vito Luigi being in US...on the WWI registration card for Vito Nicola he mentions dependents of "father and wife"...

BTW - I have tried to find a town hall address for Carbonara di Bari, which is a frazione(village/hamlet) of Bari, but couldn't find one.
You might want to email the comune of Bari to ask where the civil records are held for Carbonara (probably in comune of Bari :-) )...
Here is the email:
urp@comune.ba.it (no spaces)

You might also want to write to the Comune of Bari to ask...

Comune di Bari
Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 84
70122 Bari (BA)
Italy

T.
siciliani

Post by siciliani »

Thank you!!