Violet/Acquabona -from Ancona

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jesshugo

Violet/Acquabona -from Ancona

Post by jesshugo »

I'm desperately trying to find anyone with connections to the surname Acquabona or Violet from around the Ancona region.
My Great Grandmother Jane Isabella Violet ws born Ancona c1875 - parents Charles Violet (English) and Artemesia Acquabona b c1832(Italian).
Artemisias father was Fortunato Acquabona.
Charles/Artmesia were married 1860 and also had children called
Charles Fortunato 1861,
Mary Jane Emilia 1864,
Emilia Artemesia 1865,
William Oscar 1867
and Lawrence Harry 1871.

I believe Charles Fortunato Violet 1861 married Emma Stamura Rossi and they had children Henry Alfred 1883 and Albert 1885 - also born in Ancona.

My Great Grandmother Jane came to England with her father and one of her sisters (Emilia) c1875 - they appear in 1881 census for Plymouth Devon by 1891 Charles and Emilia have disappeared but Jane is still in UK.

Can anyone help????????
stefano86

Re: Violet/Acquabona -from Ancona

Post by stefano86 »

Dear Jesshugo,

i have conncections with Acquabona.
my ancestors were Acquabona from Ancona: the grandmother of my great-grand mother was Anna Maria Acquabona (born in Ancona about 1783), married with Dominique (Domenico) Augias; her father was Giuseppe Maria Acquabona and her sister was Carolina Acquabona; i think that Anna Maria had brothers, maybe Fortunato Acquabona was her brother. I know that now in Ancona and in Bologna Acquabonas are living. (very few); i also know that Fortunato and Gaetano Acquabona were couriers Cabinet of Her British Majesty in 1829...and others Acquabona lived in Ancona in that period...

Regards,
Stefano
jesshugo

Post by jesshugo »

Stefano86 I am so sorry .. I had no idea you had replied to my post and I only found it whilst googling the name Gaetano Acquabona which I was given through someone called Alessandro Acquabona !!! Yes I believe that Fortunato was Anna Maries brother. I would very much like to get in touch with you.
laura3

Post by laura3 »

Hi,
my name is Laura Acquabona and I0m writing from Ancona ...
You've waited for me for such a long time ...
I'm sorry, but I can't help you, I know nothing about the family, I can't tell you anything fron the very past, but I can tell you that the name of the male of the family frequenty occur; for example, my father name was Carlo (Charles!) and his father's name was Augusto; he had a brother called Fortunato Augusto ...
Unfortunaltely, my grandfather died in the second wordl war; my grandmother died only few years ago, as she very old (95), but one of my father's sister is still alive and she likes to remember about the past.
In Ancona still live some Emett and Violet family, if you want you can contact them, you can find their addresses in the website www.paginebianche.it
I' very happy to know that I can have English ancestors, as in my family we often have people with red hair, greeen eyes and white skin; for example, my dauughter has blonde hair ...
If you discover something else, please tell it :D to me, and I will do the same.
Your friend/relative

Laura Acquabona