Famiglia Trotta in Cosenza, Italy.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
giaz

Famiglia Trotta in Cosenza, Italy.

Post by giaz »

Hello people, I've just found your page because I was looking for information about my family. Trotta is my surname, and it comes from my grandfather who died 1 year ago here in Montevideo, Uruguay. He came along from Italy after being involved in the military forces after the 2nd World War. His name was Mario Trotta Martino and he was born in 1925 in Cosenza, as I investigated. Next year my grandma is going to that place because she's italian too and I wanted to look for relatives, if they actually exist, because I'm talking about finding people who would probably be dead by now. But maybe there are grandpa's nephews or cousins or with less probability, brothers.
If someone has that surname or relatives around that place I would really appreciate letting me know. Thank you all

Gianinna
cindyrodg@aol.com

Re: Famiglia Trotta in Cosenza, Italy.

Post by cindyrodg@aol.com »

Hi, I was looking at my DNA matches and found that I (Cynthia Phelps Rodgers) mother Rose Louise DeVivo whose mother was born in Italy in 1884 in Salnero. The contact name that connected me to you was:
Carolyn Conte
Member since Nov 24, 2009, 19 page views
Paternal Haplogroup J, derived from Mario Martino, Maternal Haplogroup M

I see you are still in Italy - I visited for the first time about 6 years ago and my 5 sisters want to make a trip soon there. Let me know more about your self and how we might connect in our ancestry.

Thanks.
Cynthia Phelps Rodgers
cindyrodg@aol.com

Post by cindyrodg@aol.com »

Hi, I was looking at my DNA matches and found that I (Cynthia Phelps Rodgers) mother Rose Louise DeVivo whose mother was born in Italy in 1884 in Salnero. The contact name that connected me to you was:
Carolyn Conte
Member since Nov 24, 2009, 19 page views
Paternal Haplogroup J, derived from Mario Martino, Maternal Haplogroup M

I see you are still in Italy - I visited for the first time about 6 years ago and my 5 sisters want to make a trip soon there. Let me know more about your self and how we might connect in our ancestry.

Thanks.
Cynthia Phelps Rodgers
giaz

Post by giaz »

Hi Cynthia, how are you? I almost forget that I've written here. I'm not in Italy, actually, I live in Montevideo (Uruguay, South America) but my father's family is italian. I am Gianinna Trotta, and my Grandfather was called Mario Trotta Martino. He was born, as I know, in San Martino di Finita, in Cosenza. Next 20th June, my grandmother, will go to Cosenza to visit her family and see if there is someone that has relation with our Trotta surname.
I can't really know if there was any aunt or auncle of my grandfather because he died and he never talked about his family beyond his parents and brothers/sisters (probably 6). But there is a chance that Mario Martino was his uncle. I didn't understand the relation you tried to showed me with Mario Martino, I asked you to explain me something more and contact me further if you find something more.
Regards, a lot.

Gianinna