Sini Family from Oschiri, Sassari, Sardinia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TinaSini

Sini Family from Oschiri, Sassari, Sardinia

Post by TinaSini »

I would like to make a connection with memebers of the Sini Family. Antonio Sini was born Sept 26, 1878 to Pietro and Mortina Sini, he came to America in 1914 aboard the San Gugleilmo. His wife Giovanna (Putzu) and his 3 children Paola, Maria and Guiseppe followed in 1920.

Hoping to find this family,
Tina :)
Christina Sini
Family Historian and Genealogist.
maryval

Re: Sini Family from Oschiri, Sassari, Sardinia

Post by maryval »

Tina, I believe I know this family. My grandparents were Sinis from Oschiri. It sounds like you are referring to Uncle Tony and Aunt Gennie. How are you related?

Mary-Valerie Kempinski
Sardigna_07

Post by Sardigna_07 »

Giuseppe was my great-grandfather; uncle Tony and aunt Jenny are my great aunt and uncle!
maryval

Post by maryval »

Hi, Tina, I'm glad we finally made contact. The man you referred to was Uncle Tony: my grandmother's brother. My grandmother was Mary Sini, a third cousin married to John Sini. At one time they were next door neighbors on Long Island in Shoreham. I am aware of one of her other brothers: Gavino, who moved from Sardinia to Argentina and a sister, whose name I am not sure of. You seem to know other relatives.

I did not know that Aunt Gennie (Giovanna) was originally a Putzu. Paul and Mary Putzu originally from Sardinia, lived in Rocky Point, which is where we ended up living. There was one other man from Sardinia named Gaias. I could share many stories from my grandparents early days, as told to me from them and from my mother and her two brothers.

Those three siblings produced 8 children, most of whom are grandparents themselves.

Uncle Tony and Aunt Gennie had 4 children: Pauline, Joseph, Mary and Louise. My mother and Pauline, etc. were cousins.

I would like to hear more about your branch of the family.
cjhornb

Post by cjhornb »

I am a Sini on my mother's side. My family is from Sassari, but from Tula. My mother, Francesca, and her sisters Anita, Nandina, and Giovanna (Jenny) are daughters of Giuseppe and Carmella Sini. They came to America, with visas, in the 1920's, on a ship named The Rex. Giuseppe had a brother named Giovanni, and he and his wife Antonia also came to America about the same time.