Needing some more help on Grandpa's side of the family.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
steinyj

Needing some more help on Grandpa's side of the family.

Post by steinyj »

Ok, so far you guys have hit a home run here for me in filling in some gaps on family members. I have to admit I was a bit overwhelmed by all the information in the last 24 hours. All of that information was on my grandmother's side of the family. Now, on my grandfather's side of the family, I have even less information and am hoping to see what you can do.

Here is what I do have. My grandfather is Salvatore Guagenti and he was born June 1st, 1921. I believe he was born in Bolognetta, Italy which I think is somewhere in Sicily. His parents were Antonio Guagenti and Rosa Bivona. Antontio was born on May 3rd, 1890 also in Bolognetta. His wife Rosa Bivona was born in appx 1892 but I am not sure 100% where in Italy. Antonio and Rosa had 3 more children that were born in New York. I was able to find a lot of documentation on Ancestry.com to support these facts. Antonio and Rosa came over from Italy in 1921 when Salvatore was 6 months old.

What I am trying to figure out is this. Who were Antonio and Rosa's parents? Also, did Antonio and/or Rosa have any siblings? Any help would be appreciated on this.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Re: Needing some more help on Grandpa's side of the family.

Post by rancelli »

I can't see the names listed on the manifest so maybe someone can explain this. If you look at the text version you'll see Antonio Guaggenti, Rosa Bivona, Salvatore Guggenti. If I were to make a guess I would say that he was probably born in Bolognetta since he was only 6 months at the time.
steinyj

Post by steinyj »

Yes, I believe this record is 100% correct and I have it on Ancestry.com.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

you can use this site if you wish to write to that commune to see if they can locate a birth certificate for salvatore.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
steinyj

Post by steinyj »

Any luck on finding any information on this side of my family?