Pescasseroli

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
savey

Pescasseroli

Post by savey »

:wink: I knpw that bpth my grandparents immagrated from Pescessaroli arouing the turn of the century. I am trying to find further information on researching the name in Italy. How do I find the family records that go beyond the "greats" which I know as Pappa or Marigadonna and DiPerro?
What's next?
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Pescasseroli

Post by brujaojos »

savey wrote::wink: I knpw that bpth my grandparents immagrated from Pescessaroli arouing the turn of the century. I am trying to find further information on researching the name in Italy. How do I find the family records that go beyond the "greats" which I know as Pappa or Marigadonna and DiPerro?
What's next?
Hi there,

This is a double post for I posted this information in the Genealogy Forum.

The correct spelling of the town is Pescaserroli.

The Family History Center has microfilm that you can order for about $3.50 a roll. However, the film is limited and only goes from 1809-1865. Here is the link for the microfilm.

www.familysearch.org/E...=1&last=50

Here is the link to find your nearest Family History Center.
www.familysearch.org/E...et_fhc.asp

This is a link to find names and addresses of the people that still might live in that town with your surname.
www.infobel.com/italy/...efault.asp

Here is a couple of links about the town itself.

www.abruzzocitta.it/co...eroli.html

www.pescasseroli.net/

Hope this helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

humm.. most probable the exact spelling are: Papa, Margadonna and DI PIRRO.. all surnames in Pescasseroli ....here are some Margadonna born in Abruzzo, and other records by surname http://www.carfang.com/Abruzzo_Data/b_m.html
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
savey

Post by savey »

:idea: color=red] [/color] Is it best to get microfilm ahead of time or look for the information at the parishes and government records while there? I did find one Saviola in the records for Pescaserroli and many more DiPirro. Is it possible to get addresses and send a letter. It must be relative to be in the same village. However, my father thought that my grandfather was only son to survive and uncles had left town.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Unless the microfilm you need happens to be at the Family History Center you visit, you have to go to the FHC and order the microfilm records you want to view. They usually take a couple of weeks to arrive.

Debbie