Cali Surname in Lampedusa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Cali Surname in Lampedusa

Post by wldspirit »

I made two request to the town of my grandparents birth and have yet to recieve a reply.......it has been several months........my point is this.......if microfilm is available for your town of origin, why not make full use of it!!!!!! In a relatively short period of time you can have all family members
traced as far back as the dates allow........you are very fortunate to have had your town microfilmed. Your questions with regard to your family history can be answered simply by consulting these films..........
wldspirit
mcali

Post by mcali »

Debbie,

The microfilm listed above contains my grandfather, grandmother, my father and his brothers. All were born in the united states except for my grandfather, and will not contain his birth parents or anything about them to the best of my knowledge...it will just say Italy as far as I know.

I will wait another couple months to here back from the city hall (as we would call it) in Sicily, then I will send another request. I sent it via email which I was told is much quicker. We shall see, it has been a few weeks.

Melissa
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

From your original post:

My grandfather was born in Lampedusa in 1901. I have a copy of his birth certificate, that my father gave to me. He could not have just appeared on the earth miraculously, he must have had parents, etc. I do not have much family, and it is important to me to know where I came from and who my family is, I want to meet them all. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be VERY appreciated. I would also like to try to do most research on my own as I do not have money for a professional genealogist. Please help if you can.

Perphaps I misunderstood what you want. If you want to find the names of this grandfathers parents, all you need to do is rent the microfilm for the town from his year of birth and proceed from there.

Debbie
mcali

Post by mcali »

Okay...how do I go about doing that? It is in Agrigento Province in Sicily.

Melissa
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

An excellent outline by Trish for the Lds microfilm:

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:09 pm Post subject: Steps on obtaining microfilm from a Family History Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone,

I want to explain the proper way of obtaining microfilm from a Family History Center (aka – Latter Day Saints)

1. You go to www.familysearch.org/E...t_fhlc.asp and click on place search and type in the town you are looking for. Click the word search.

2. A list of the results will show up. (Remember there can be more than one town especial with a Saint’s name – ex: Santa Caterina dello Ionio and Santa Caterina Albanese).

3. Click on the link. A new page will appear where it will state (Name of Town) and Civil Registration.

4. Click on that link and a new page will appear which states “Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910â€Â
PeteCali

Post by PeteCali »

Hello, I may be related Pietro Cali - I am technically Pietro Cali (III)