ORESTE BERTACHINI of Reggio Emilia, Cecilia, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
jsartoridouglas

ORESTE BERTACHINI of Reggio Emilia, Cecilia, Italy

Post by jsartoridouglas »

I am new to the site and need help in finding my great grandmother birth place in Italy.
I am just starting to research my Italian ancestors.

I do not have her emmigration information into Brasil. All of the older generation is dead and I don't know who has the papers from Italy.

Does there exist a web site for emmigration into Brasil?

I also need someone to verify the correct birth location in Italy

This all that I have
Oreste Bertachini
Born 23 Dec 1897 Reggio Emilia, Cecilia, Italy
Married July 1887 Reggio Emilia, Cecilia, Italy
Died 13 Dec 1945 Brasil

Wife
Mariana Felipin Ferretti
Born 29 Jan 1870 Reggilo Emillia, Cecilia, Italia
Died 1 Oct 1952 Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brasil

Daughter of Paulo Ferretti & Angelina Fellpini

Any information would be appreciated

Douglas
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Re: ORESTE BERTACHINI of Reggio Emilia, Cecilia, Italy

Post by uantiti »

Hi Douglas and welcome :D

I couldn't find any town or small village called "Cecilia". Is this what you read or what you were told?
Reggio Emilia is both a town and a province and is in the Emilia Romagna region.
Could it be that "Cecilia" is the name of a church where your ancestors where batptized?
Or could it be that it was written this way: "Reggio Emilia, (emilia)" in a way that the bracket before letter "e" was wrongly read as a "C"?. People sometimes write: Reggio Emilia (emilia) with the word "emilia" in brackets to identify the region. And probably they were not born or married in the town of Reggio Emilia but in the province. This is a list of towns in the province of Reggio Emilia, see if any sounds familiar:

Albinea, Bagnolo in Piano, Baiso, Bibbiano, Boretto, Brescello, Busana, Cadelbosco di Sopra, Campagnola Emilia, Campegine, Carpineti, Casalgrande, Casina, Castellarano, Castelnovo di Sotto, Castelnovo ne` Monti, Cavriago, Canossa, Collagna, Correggio, Fabbrico, Gattatico, Gualtieri, Guastalla, Ligonchio, Luzzara, Montecchio Emilia, Novellara, Poviglio, Quattro Castella, Ramiseto, Reggiolo, Reggio Emilia, Rio Saliceto, Rolo, Rubiera, San Martino in Rio, San Polo d`Enza, Sant`Ilario d`Enza, Scandiano, Toano, Vetto, Vezzano sul Crostolo, Viano, Villa Minozzo

Bertachini, spelt with one "c" is wrong in Italian. It should be "Bertacchini". You gave two different spellings for his wife's surname: Felipin and Fellpini and perhaps it could be "Filippini".
This is a link to a search engine for surnames in Emilia Romagna if you want to see where they are more commmon:
http://emiliaromagna.indettaglio.it/eng ... gnomi.html

For emigration to Brazil, try this websites:

http://www.arquivoestado.sp.gov.br/livr ... geiros.php

and
http://www.imigrantesitalianos.com.br/

Surnames could be mispelled so try different versions. Good luck!

Ada