Looking for Carla Dilia -- 8 years later

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
MDilia

Looking for Carla Dilia -- 8 years later

Post by MDilia »

Hello,

My birth name is Martin Dilia. I was born in Hoboken, NJ in 1971 to Carla Dilia who was 17 years of age at the time. I was born at St. Mary's Hosptial in Hoboken. I was given away after birth to Mr. and Mrs. Emerito and Aida Rivera, but was never adopted. I have assumed the name Eddie M. Rivera because it was the only name I had in life until I was 18 years old. My mother Carla\'s birth place is listed as Italy on my birth record, but unfortunately that is all I have to go on. I have been searching for my mother for quite some time for any Dilia's in the East Coast area of the United States, but have not come up with any leads. I would truly love to get to know my birth mother, but if she wants her privacy I would only ask to please have some medical history from both sides of the family. I am also interested in obtaining my Italian Citizenship, but I don't think I can without more information from my birth mother.

Thank you,

Ed aka Martin Dilia
MDilia

Re: Looking for Carla Dilia -- 8 years later

Post by MDilia »

I know that user ptimber from NY had some information for me, but I never received the private message. I hope to still hear back from that user.

Sincerely,

Ed
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

We haven't seen Peter in many months, but perhaps he will reply to your post.

In the meantime, I wonder about the name, Dila, as I can find only one example of it in the current Italian telephone directory (and no Dilia's at all). Curiously however, I found this which may be of interest:

California Marriage Index, 1960-1985 about Carla J Dilla
Name: Carla J Dilla
Est. Birth: abt 1954
Spouse Name: Bradley P Gilbert
Spouse Age: 24
Date: 13 Dec 1980

What are the chances that this is your mother? I don't know...

See http://www.whitepages.com/name/Bradley- ... CA/2qmm18v

I see that almost ten years have passed since you began this thread; have you had any further success in your search?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sforza »

Another possibility is the surname, Dileo (DiLeo; Di Leo, etc.), which is not uncommon. There are several Dileo's in the Trenton, NJ area, including a Carla Dileo, living there as late as 2002. I will send you the info in a pm, as it contains address and phone number.
MDilia

Post by MDilia »

Hello sforza,

I do not see any new messages in my inbox area. Did you end up sending the information on Carla Dileo from Trenton, NJ? Did she have a DOB putting her at about 54 years of age?

Thank you,

Ed
sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sforza »

Hi Ed,
I pm'd you on Aug 1 and you replied. She lives in Lambertville, outside of Trenton. That was the only lead I had, and if I recall correctly, the DoB may have been off by a couple of years.