BUCHICCHIO, GIOVACCHINI, MENCARELLI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lindag

BUCHICCHIO, GIOVACCHINI, MENCARELLI

Post by lindag »

I am wondering if there is anyone out there related to the surname Buchicchio. I believe first names are Antonio and Catherine. Had a son Daniel that migrated to the US.

I am also still searching for Giuseppe GIovacchini or Zelinda Mencarelli.

Thank you.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: BUCHICCHIO, GIOVACCHINI, MENCARELLI

Post by VaDeb »

You need to be a little more specific.

I am also still searching for Giuseppe GIovacchini or Zelinda Mencarelli.
Are you looking for them on a census record or immigration record? Where did they settle in the US? DAtes of birth? Where in Italy were they from?

Daniel Buchicchio - Do you need an immigration record? Can you provide some details?

Debbie
lindag

Post by lindag »

Happy to supply more info.

Daniel Buchicchio (from unknown city in Italy). Found on the 1910 and 1930 census. Census said he migrated in 1889, I cannot find immigration info, but he married Madeline ?? in New Jersey about 1900. They had Katherine, Virginia, Helean, Rosie, Mary, Anthony, Daniel and Rosco. That is all I have so far.

I have been looking for Giuseppe Giovacchini and Zelinda Mencarelli for some time. They never came to the US, but remained in Badia, Pozzeveri, Lucca, Italy. 3 of the sons migrated to the US...Angelo, Rocco and Gino. The other children remained in Italy...Carlino, Marina, Cettamina, Ottovina, Albertina. However, some of their children may have migrated. Giuseppe born about 1860, Zelinda about 1865....That is all I have so far.

If anyone has anymore information, please let me know. Thanks.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Have you tried accessing naturalization records?

http://archives.gov/

wldspirit
lindag

Post by lindag »

I have tried that website without success. I am not sure if they are not there, or I just don't understand the site. But, searches have brought no information.

I have also tried Ellis Island,and ancestry.com.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

You must send a request to Nara for records research.
wldspirit
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

For sure it's Buchicchio? and not Bussichio... Busicchio?
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Have you tried to obtain the marriage license from NJ?

Debbie
lindag

Post by lindag »

The census shows the name as Buchicchio, phonetically it was Bu-kee-keo. So, I believe it is correct.

I have just recently found this name, as it was changed after this generation to Buckley. So, I am going to request the NJ documents if they are even available. I have had trouble getting NJ to respond. And, birth certificates would be from Italy, but I do not know where. I know that that surname is more common in Basilicata or Lazio (from the internet). I do not know much about these areas and I am in the search mode.

I am at a dead end on the Giovacchini/Mencarelli line. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

I have been looking for Giuseppe Giovacchini and Zelinda Mencarelli for some time. They never came to the US
About their children.... have you located any of their manifests?? If so which ones... and could you mention when and what name they were listed as...

Do you know if Zelinda and Giuseppe had siblings? Maybe they made their way to the US.

mfjp

This Angelo mentions a father Giuseppe...

First Name: Angelo
Last Name: Giovacchini
Ethnicity: Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Badia Pozz., Italy
Date of Arrival: May 11, 1910
Age at Arrival:  17y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S  
Ship of Travel: Duca Degli Abruzzi
Port of Departure: Genova
Manifest Line Number: 0025

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0652%2ETIF
lindag

Post by lindag »

Yes, I have information on the 3 sons who came to the US.... Angelo, Gino and Rocco. I have not found anything further than the parents names and I do not know if either had any brothers or sisters.

Same with the Buchicchio line. I am sure there must have been some brothers and sisters who migrated, but I have no information. I have not been able to find the immigration record on Daniel Buchicchio yet. Also, I have not found Madeline's maiden name yet.

Thanks for all of your comments. It is always good to get me thinking in other directions.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Ok... but is that the correct manifest I posted? (Angelo's). Also, can you tell us more about Rocco and Gino's manifest... what year they came over. The info on the manifests could help us find the others... if they came over.
mfjp
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links/faq.html#a1

At the archives you can search the marriage records. They are alphabetical by groom. They do not do any telephone look-ups.

If you need mail service you have to fill out and applicaiton and send it to the state.

http://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/writein.shtml

Another option. If you search here Trish has indicated she goes to the NJ archives frequently. You may be able to hire her to get the record for you
http://www.geocities.com/wheretheacornfell.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Is your Daniel Buchicchio in Trenton, NJ on the 1930 census? If so it says he is naturalized. If so, there are many Mercer County NJ naturalization records at the NJ state archives in Trenton.

Debbie