Looking for info on Colacci family from Boiano, Campobasso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran

Looking for info on Colacci family from Boiano, Campobasso

Post by mdyer »

I'm looking for information on my great-grandfather, Carmine Colacci. I know he was born in Boiano, Campobasso, on March 26, 1886. I want to know the names of his parents and if he had any siblings. I've tried doing internet searches (ancestry.com, etc.), but I've not been able to find the information. I've requested his birth certificate, but I'm wondering if there are other resources I should be consulting.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Looking for info on Colacci family from Boiano, Campobas

Post by pink67 »

I want to know the names of his parents and if he had any siblings.
if you can confirm that this is the 1905 arrival manifest for your ancestor Carmine Colacci, then you can see that he was going to join his brother Angelo in Franklyn MA

from Ancestry.com:

Boston Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1943
about Carmme Coloreci
Name: Carmme Coloreci[Carmine Colacci]
Arrival Date: 6 Mar 1905
Estimated birth year: abt 1886
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Romanic
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name: Angelo
Last Residence: Italy

image:
http://postimage.org/image/9w3l4o84/

and possible 1904 arrival manifest for Angelo Colacci, joining his uncle Carmine Colalillo...

Boston Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1943
about Angelo Colacci
Name: Angelo Colacci
Arrival Date: 22 Mar 1904
Estimated birth year: abt 1879
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Republic
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name: Carmine Colaerllo
Last Residence: Italy

http://postimage.org/image/9yutdhus/

Do you believe these records are pertaining your relatives?

Laura
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mdyer »

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the information. I think that may in fact be my ggf's arrival date, and, as you point out, his brother - Angelo. Exciting!

I'll have to look into the Uncle Carmine Colalillo to see if that leads me to other siblings, and Carmine and Angelo's parents (or perhaps Angelo's family). Any other suggestions? I appreciate your help.

Mike
gcolacci

Post by gcolacci »

Hello,

I have just come across this message with my father and I am replying to try to help you out.

My father is Carmine Colacci Born 1952 in Boiano, CB - Now living in Toronto Canada since 1969.

His parents were Carlino Colacci Born 1925 from Boiano as well and Carmelina Ianetta from Chivita Superiore

Carlino's parents were Carmine Colacci born 1905 and Christina Colacci (Ricci) 1907

Carmine Colacci was my Great Grand Father, and his father was Giovanni Colacci Born in 1879 - in Boiano Cambobasso and My father tells me that his father was Carmine Colacci Born sometime in the 1950's

My father from growing up in Boiano knows that the Colacci family is one of the most common names in the City, Just this summer I visited Boiano and i noticed hundreds of names in the Cemetery when i went to visit my relatives.

I am not sure if this helps, if you have anymore questions i can try to help my best.

Gaetano.
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mdyer »

Gaetano,

I just sent you a message.

Mike