Question about photo i.d when writing to an Italian comune

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Josie07M11
Veteran
Veteran

Question about photo i.d when writing to an Italian comune

Post by Josie07M11 »

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to the Ufficio Anagrafe Comune di Ramacca in the hope of getting a stato di famiglia for my Nonna Giuseppa Rapisarda who was born in Ramacca in 1936. She immigrated with my Nonno Nunzio Mangani to Australia in the 1960's and is still living here today. My question is what kind of I.D will I need to provide with my letter to get a positive response? I understand that photo I.D is usually required for information on ancestors who lived within the past 100 years, but if the ancestor in question is still living does my I.D somehow need to show that I am related to her?

Thanks!

Josie
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Question about photo i.d when writing to an Italian comu

Post by adelfio »

Photo id drivers license or passport will make your life easier because your Nonna was born in Italy and you are requesting for her. Also write the request in Italian and sign the letter as it is on the id and explain what your relationship is to her and use her maiden name.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Josie07M11
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Question about photo i.d when writing to an Italian comu

Post by Josie07M11 »

Thanks! :)