Ottaviano Pesaturo in New Jersey?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Ottaviano Pesaturo in New Jersey?

Post by Amansolillo »

Hello. My great-great-great-grandfather was Ottaviano Pesaturo (also spelled Pisaturo). He lived in Prata Sannita, Caserta. His wife was Vittoria Conca. He had four sons, Michele Arcangelo, Cresenzio Raffaele, Francesco Raffaele, and Crescenzo Raffaele. He also had a daughter, Nicoletta Anna. It is known that Nicoletta died in Prata Sannita at the age of 18 in 1879 and Michele immigrated to Rhode Island in 1891 and died in Cranston in 1948 at the age of 98. I am posting this seeking help in finding the birth and deathdates for Ottaviano and Vittoria. I checked all of Ancestry.com's available death records in Prata Sannita and was only able to find Nicoletta's. Nicoletta's death record says that she died at her parent's house, which means Ottaviano and Vittoria lived (or still lived if they immigrated) in Prata Sannita at that time. On Familysearch.org, there is a death record that says that an Ottaviano Pesaturo, born in 1813, died in Newark, New Jersey in 1891. Could anyone help clear things? Thanks.
Towns of interest: Panni, Itri, Ceprano, Pontecorvo, Prata Sannita, Canicattini Bagni
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Ottaviano Pesaturo in New Jersey?

Post by suanj »

effectively a Ottaviano Pesaturo came in USA:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Ottariano Peraturo Name: Ottariano Peraturo
Arrival Date: 26 Jul 1882
Birth Year: abt 1813
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian
Place of Origin: Italy
Port of Departure: Marseilles, France and Naples, Italy
Destination: United States of America
Port of Arrival: New York
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Ship Name: Picardie

in travel with Pesaturo Maria and Pesaturo Vittoria.... but it is hard to say if it is your Ottaviano...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

According to your death record of Nicoletta 1879 from Prata Sannita her mother Vittoria was deceased at the time of her death.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

Did Nicoletta's death record state anything else about Vittoria's death, such as year of when she died or age?
Towns of interest: Panni, Itri, Ceprano, Pontecorvo, Prata Sannita, Canicattini Bagni
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Also there are films from Prata Sannita from Family History Library
for rent which would give more family info on Ottaviano Pesaturo and Vittoria Conca.
Nati 1816-1834 FHL INTL Film 1173578
Matrimoni 1820-1865 FHL INTL Film 1173868 Items 1-19

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

It says Vittoria was deceased and Nicoleta died in the house of her parents in the above said comune

Marty

Marty
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

I found that one of Ottaviano's sons, Francesco, immigrated to America in 1883 and took residence in Newark, New Jersey much later in 1930.