Adoption help? Fileri? Fruili ? De'Michiel

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
emilliomay

Adoption help? Fileri? Fruili ? De'Michiel

Post by emilliomay »

Hi,
My great grandfather was born in 1890
and was adopted in pordenone . His name was Giacomo Giovanni
Fileri and when he was adopted he took on the last name Fileri De'Michiel his adoptive parents names were Luigi De'Michiel and Teresa De'Michiel.
His adoptive parents took him to live in a small village called Fanna. My Nonna (his daughter) emigrated
to Wales and to this day she has longed to know who her fathers real parents were. I do not know where
to start. I am hopeing that anyone who might have any information can get in touch.
Thank you !
Emily
X
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Adoption help? Fileri? Fruili ? De'Michiel

Post by Italysearcher »

Request his original birth record from the town where his birth was registered. It is unlikely it will tell you anything. Check my website and this Forum for other posts on adoption and abandonment of children in Italy.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Adoption help? Fileri? Fruili ? De'Michiel

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website Emily Just a couple questions. How did you get his birth town? How did you get his name Fileri?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty