COURT CASE AGAINST NYC MUNICIPAL ARCHIVES

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Italia1963
Rookie
Rookie

COURT CASE AGAINST NYC MUNICIPAL ARCHIVES

Post by Italia1963 »

Soon, I will have to get a Supreme Court order amending vital records held by the NYC and NYS Health Dept.'s and NYC County Clerk's Office. I was wondering if anyone purusued a case for amending documents against the NYC Municipal Archives? I have a form letter from the Archives stating they can not amend documents, but I was wondering if this is their own self-imposed rule, and if so, has anyone had any luck getting documents amendrf by a Court Order?

Second, has anyone gone to court to amend their documents that are held at more than one Dept. like I do....did you do it all in one court case or did you have to open a case individually against each Dept.?

I am hoping to do one court case not only to amend documents at each Dept. but also to get a "One and the Same" document issued by the Judge, especially for those documents that I can not amend.
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Re: COURT CASE AGAINST NYC MUNICIPAL ARCHIVES

Post by kontessa »

I can't respond to your questions about court-ordered amendments, but you may want to read a thread posted by JShotz on expatsinitaly.com (citizenship sub-forum).