birth information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lathompson
Rookie
Rookie

birth information

Post by lathompson »

I am trying to get more information on my great great grandmother. She was from Pescantina and born around 1869. Her name was Regina Santa Facciotti and she married Angelo Luigi Facciotti in 1890 in Pescantina. I would like to find her birth date and then her parent's information. How can I do this? Thanks so much.
Linda
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: birth information

Post by adelfio »

For a reference point here is U.S. Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1790-1974 Record for Angelo Facciotti
click on for record click again to enlarge

Then I looked for the kids I figured the mother would be with them because Angelo came over by himself in 1905
Rosa Facciotti age 11 came over Nov 17, 1906 from Havre with mom Regina Facciotti age 37 birth abt 1869 all comming from Pescantina going to Pittsburg Pa whats funny is usually Italian women use there maiden name in records.
I see that Family History Library only has early 1800's records of
Pescantina so you will probally have to write the comune of Pescantina for marriage and birth of record of Angelo and Regina

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If you go on the Ellis island site and look up Regina Facciotti you come up with two trips one in 1906 and one in Oct 22, 1913 from Genoa
coming from Pescantina leaving her father Antonio comming back to her husband Angelo in Pa.If you get the Italian marriage act it will give you the info you need.
So you can try writing
Comune di Pescantina
Via Madonna, 49
37026 Pescantina (Verona)
Italy
Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo (YOURNAME). Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho biosgno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da Pescantina,Verona . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Potreste cercare l’atto di matrimonio di questa persone nei vostri registri dal 1885 fino al 1894?
Vi chiedo di spedirmi l’delle fotocopie ’atto di matrimonio 1) di queste persone:
Nome e cognome: Angelo Facciotti
Data di nascita: Circa dil 1867
Luogo di nascita:Pescantina
Nome e cognome: Regina Facciotti??figlia di Antonio
Data di nascita: Circa dil 1869
Luogo di nascita: Pescantina
Luogo di matrimonio: Pescantina
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
YOURNAME ADDRESS AND EMAIL AND ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
lathompson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lathompson »

Thank you! I have their marriage date as June 26, 1890 but it is the "estraoo per riassunto dell'atto di matrimonio" and doesn't have any family information on it. I have her age as 21 and she is listed as Regina Santa Facciotti.... does that mean her maiden name was the same as her married name?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

lathompson wrote:Thank you! I have their marriage date as June 26, 1890 but it is the "estraoo per riassunto dell'atto di matrimonio" and doesn't have any family information on it. I have her age as 21 and she is listed as Regina Santa Facciotti.... does that mean her maiden name was the same as her married name?
Yes, it would appear that she has the same surname as her spouse. That is probably why Marty found her on a manifest as Facciotti... Italian women kept their maiden name and traveled with that name. :-)

Can you post the "estrato?"

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The atti di matrimonio will give the date of the marriage and the names of the bride (maiden name) and groom, there professions fathers and mothers of each if they were married before and some times side notes with church of the marriage or death info.
Witnesses to the act and what documents were required for them to get married.
Extract is a simple recording of the marriage date names and where marriage took place.
let us see the record you have use a photo site like postimage.org and upload image and copy and paste the thumbprint to your message

Marty

Marty
lathompson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lathompson »

Thanks. Having trouble getting my scan on here. I will try again later. It really has minimal information.
lathompson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lathompson »

No luck. Can I email it to anyone?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

check your pm

Marty