Landolfi Family - Campania, Benevento, Paolisi Region

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BrianLandolfi

Landolfi Family - Campania, Benevento, Paolisi Region

Post by BrianLandolfi »

My grandfather's name was Domenico Landolfi, from Paolisi, born in 1889 and immigrated to the US on April 17, 1907. We are fairly certain Domenico was born in Paolisi. His father, my great grandfather, was Giuseppe, born in Benevento (we think) in 1855. I believe Giuseppe was married to Teresa Tartaglioni. Domenico came to the US in 1907, and we've lost the trail beyond Giuseppe, and we may have living relatives as well still in Italy. My cousin met Landolfi's in Paolisi, and we think we may have found a common ancestor, but not sure. Let me know if you have information on the Landolfi in this region, i.e., the Campania region.

Thanks,
Brian
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Landolfi Family - Campania, Benevento, Paolisi Region

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to the forum, Brian-

Since you have the date your ancestor immigrated to the U.S., could you tell us what port he came through and where he settled? A 1907 passenger list should have his place of birth on it. You could also confirm his place of birth using U.S records to do so-as a social security application, if he applied, possibly a WWI draft registration card, etc.

If his father was, in fact, from Benevento, you have a bit of a problem. Are you talking Benevento the province, which has many towns within it, or are you talking about Benevento the city? You would need to know which one in order to find information about him.

I know from past experience that there are microfilmed records for some of the towns in the province of Benevento, but not for Benevento itself. At one point in the past, I had to write to 13 parishes in the city of Benevento to determine where an ancestor's records were. But you need to know if you are even dealing with the city itself.

Peg
BrianLandolfi

Post by BrianLandolfi »

He sailed from Naples on Apr. 3, 1907, on the SS Replublic and landed in NY on Apr. 18, 1907. He ended up settling in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. His birthplace is Paolisi. We think we may have found his birth certificate as well, confirming Paolisi as his birthplace.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

By Benevento province military record:

Cognome: LANDOLFI

Nome: Domenico

Classe: 1889( birthyear)

Data Nascita: 04/08/1889 ( birthdate 4 aug 1889)

Matricola 344

Registro 54
no more infos..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
BrianLandolfi

Post by BrianLandolfi »

Much thanks to maestra36 and suanj. I think I might have found the military info on my grandfather, Domenico, and a birth record. I am still trying to make a connection to my great grandfather, Giuseppe Landolfi who is from the Benevento area. Domenico also had an uncle, Nicola Landolfi in the Campania region. Giuseppe was born in about 1855 and was married to Teresa Tartaglioni. I have been in contact with some Landolfi's in Paolisi, but we still can't make the connection.
calandolfi

Post by calandolfi »

My great-great grandfather is Nicola Landolfi, from Altavilla Irpina, Avellino, Campania, Italy. I believe his wife's name was Michelina Cristelli. His son, Antonio, is my great grandfather. Antonio was born in 1880 and came to the US via Naples and Ellis Island in 1903. He married Filea Ringi in NYC in 1905. I know that Antonio had many brothers and sisters but I can't find out who they are. I met a brother's sons many years ago on Long Island but I was too little to pay attention. The brother might have been Alfredo and I think he had a son name Nicola. Antonio had three sons and three daughters: Frank, Ralph, Nicholas Marie, Angelina and Flora. Now, just about all my family is gone so this family tree is very important to me and my children. I am going to Italy next year to try to research my family from there but for now, do you have any info on your Nicola? I am hoping its the same Nicola I am looking for.
BrianLandolfi

Post by BrianLandolfi »

Hello -

So sorry I have not responded to your post before regarding Nicola Landolfi. I have enclosed a photo for Nicola Landolfi that my grandfather, Domenico Landolfi, received when he lived in Fort Wayne, IN. I hope this is the same person!

Please feel free to contact me at brian.bauer@so-coast.com. I live in Irvine, CA.

Best wishes,
Brian Bauer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If you don't have it
Birth record of Domenico Landolfi
INDEX#66
1889 Aug 4th in the town of Paolisi birth of Domenico Gennaro Salvatore Landolfi son of Giuseppe Landolfi age 35 shoemaker and his wife Teresa Tartaglione

PG LINK TO RECORD CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

POSSIBLE BIRTH RECORD of Giuseppe Landolfi (father of Domenico Landolfi)
INDEX#53
1854 Oct 1st in the town of Paolisi birth of Giuseppe Landolfi son of don Domenico Landolfi age 36(son of deceased don Lorenzo Landolfi) and his wife Agata Amoriello age 30

PG LINK TO RECORD CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
vickerslandolfi

Post by vickerslandolfi »

Hi Brian,

The info you provided (immigration dates, birthdates, region) appears to be very similar to my mother's (deceased in 2019) whose maiden name was Landolfi. My daughter has been doing the genealogy and I contacted her to provide me with exact details. I'll be in touch soon.

Cathlyn