Antolini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie

Antolini

Post by tawg »

In reference to my original thread from summer:

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic22264.html

I have found out more information! As you see, the name Maria Antolini is clear on the letter. I requested Giuseppe's NARA documents for my dual citizenship and did not think much of it. I just now looked at the WITNESS to him becoming a citizen of the United States, and the name is PIET ANTOLINI. I am trying to find the connection here. I am guessing his name was actually Pietro Antolini, or Peter. Everyone here helped me by finding out there was a Maria from Berceto, right next to Valmozzola and Corniglio, which is where Giuseppe was from. On the EllisIsland website, there is also a Pietro Antolini from Berceto. I am wondering if they could be related??

Peter Antolini listed his date of birth as September 1894, with the address of 228 E 40th St, NYC. I can not find much information about him! I can see his WWII Registration card, and it says his birth place was Italy.

I am so happy to have found out more information :) I am looking for as much help or suggestions as possible. Can someone please help me find out more information?

Grazie :D
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Antolini

Post by Tessa78 »

Here's the WWII Registration Card for Pietro Antolini living at 228 E 40th St., NYC, that you referenced above...

He lists is birthdate as 13 September 1894, and place of birth as "Italy(France)"

AND....

Here is the WWII Registration Card for Pietro Antolini living in Pennsylvania.
He lists his place of birth as BERCETO.- DOB Jan. 1889
The relative he lists is "Mrs. Mary Forni/Fiorni" - his sister

For the above Pietro Antolini (DOB 1889) his WWI Registration in Pennsylvania...
Place of birth looks like a misspelling of Berceto, then Parma, Italy...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

On the EllisIsland website, there is also a Pietro Antolini from Berceto. I am wondering if they could be related??
On the manifest for Pietro in Oct 1907 on the La Provence, he is age 18 and from Berceto, and is going to Blairsville, PA - to cousin Serafina Antolini... (

HOWEVER...
There is another Pietro Antolini in October 1907, on La Provence. He is age 12 putting his DOB at about 1895. He is traveling with his family, all from Berceto, and going to his father Vincenzo Antolini in Illinois.

More than likely they are cousins?

T.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tawg »

Thank you for responding Tessa :)

What could Italy(France) mean? I don't think it's possible to be from two separate countries :P

I am desperately trying to find the relation between Pietro and Maria (if there is one). Was Antolini a common last name in northern Italy during the late 18/early 1900's? Also, are you saying the two Pietro's were cousins? Or that Maria and Pietro were more than likely cousins?
Could Maria = Mary? Possible?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

tawg wrote:Thank you for responding Tessa :)

What could Italy(France) mean? I really don't know... :-( I don't think it's possible to be from two separate countries :P Dual citizenship? :-)

I am desperately trying to find the relation between Pietro and Maria (if there is one). Was Antolini a common last name in northern Italy during the late 18/early 1900's? Best way to find out is to view the LDS films of the civil registrations (births, death, marriages) Also, are you saying the two Pietro's were cousins? I am suggesting they might be. Or that Maria and Pietro were more than likely cousins? Also a possibility. :-)
Could Maria = Mary? Possible? Yes, Mary is the Americanization of Maria. Is the last name familiar?
LDS has the microflimed records from Berceto (1806-1910) available to rent and view.
http://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhl ... di+Berceto+++

These two films should contain the birth registration for the two Pietro Antolini we have listed above. AND possibly Maria :-) (Nati=births)

Nati 1867-1893 FHL INTL Film 1961518 Items 2-6
Nati 1893 (cont.)-1910 FHL INTL 1961562 Items 1-3

T.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tawg »

The last name is not familiar, but I am thinking that maybe since it is Mrs. Mary Fiorni - Pietro's sister, her maiden name would be Antolini as well? So could Mary Fiorni really be Maria Antolini? Hm...
tawg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tawg »

Tessa78 wrote:
tawg wrote:Thank you for responding Tessa :)

What could Italy(France) mean? I really don't know... :-( I don't think it's possible to be from two separate countries :P Dual citizenship? :-)

I am desperately trying to find the relation between Pietro and Maria (if there is one). Was Antolini a common last name in northern Italy during the late 18/early 1900's? Best way to find out is to view the LDS films of the civil registrations (births, death, marriages) Also, are you saying the two Pietro's were cousins? I am suggesting they might be. Or that Maria and Pietro were more than likely cousins? Also a possibility. :-)
Could Maria = Mary? Possible? Yes, Mary is the Americanization of Maria. Is the last name familiar?
LDS has the microflimed records from Berceto (1806-1910) available to rent and view.
http://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhl ... di+Berceto+++

These two films should contain the birth registration for the two Pietro Antolini we have listed above. AND possibly Maria :-) (Nati=births)

Nati 1867-1893 FHL INTL Film 1961518 Items 2-6
Nati 1893 (cont.)-1910 FHL INTL 1961562 Items 1-3

T.
WOW! Thank you for this :D :D
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

You're welcome!

Here is a possible 1930 Census for Mary Forni and family in Blairsville, PA

Name: Mary Forni
Event: Census
Event Date: 1930
Event Place: Blairsville, Indiana, Pennsylvania
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Birthplace: Italy
Estimated Birth Year: 1884
Immigration Year: 1919
Relationship to Head of Household: Wife
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Enumeration District Number: 0007
Family Number: 448
Sheet Number and Letter: 19B
Line Number: 67
NARA Publication: T626, roll 2045
Film Number: 2341779
Digital Folder Number: 4639376
Image Number: 00486
Household Gender Age
Spouse Leo Forni M 47
Mary Forni F 46
Child Louise Forni F 21
Child Joseph Forni M 17

IF this is your Maria, she was born about 1884 - that helps to narrow down the search for a birth record :-)

T.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tawg »

Tessa78 wrote:You're welcome!

Here is a possible 1930 Census for Mary Forni and family in Blairsville, PA

Name: Mary Forni
Event: Census
Event Date: 1930
Event Place: Blairsville, Indiana, Pennsylvania
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Birthplace: Italy
Estimated Birth Year: 1884
Immigration Year: 1919
Relationship to Head of Household: Wife
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Enumeration District Number: 0007
Family Number: 448
Sheet Number and Letter: 19B
Line Number: 67
NARA Publication: T626, roll 2045
Film Number: 2341779
Digital Folder Number: 4639376
Image Number: 00486
Household Gender Age
Spouse Leo Forni M 47
Mary Forni F 46
Child Louise Forni F 21
Child Joseph Forni M 17

IF this is your Maria, she was born about 1884 - that helps to narrow down the search for a birth record :-)

T.

Thanks for searching for me! I don't think this could be her though, unless she was skilled at writing cursive script at 8 years old :P The letter I have was dated in 1892, so if this Maria was born in 1884, I don't think it's possible.

How do I find more info with the LDS? Do I go to one of their local centers? Or do I need to send a request? I've never done this before.

Thank you for all of your help!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

To find the nearest LDS Family History Center enter your zip at this site
http://familysearch.org/eng/

It used to be that you would have to go to the center, order your films and pay for them (monthly rental), and then return when the films arrived (usually about 3-4 weeks)

HOWEVER, some of the centers now have the ability to take film orders online. You could check with your nearest center and see what they do.

Since the images are on microfilm you can't view them at home. You must do that at the center. Bring a thumb drive so you can download the images.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Thanks for searching for me! I don't think this could be her though, unless she was skilled at writing cursive script at 8 years old :P The letter I have was dated in 1892, so if this Maria was born in 1884, I don't think it's possible.
Just be careful in your assumption that she wrote the letter herself. :-)

Keep the census and file it away... you never know :-D

T.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tawg »

Thank you, Tessa! I am very thankful for your kind help :) If you happen to find anything else, please let me know.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Will do! :wink:

Did you find a manifest for Maria Antolini?

Have found a manifest for Maria Antolini arriving NY Aug 3, 1902 on the La Bretagne
She is traveling with her son Luigi, 9 months. Maria is age 30 (puts DOB about 1872 - more in line with what you were thinking about the author of the letter)
She is going to Blairsville, Pennsylvania to husband Enrico FORNI.

I can't seem to get a link to the ellisisland.org record. You'll have to search by ship.

T.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Tessa78 wrote:I can't seem to get a link to the ellisisland.org record. You'll have to search by ship.

T.
Here's a link to the image from Ancestry.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/631/antolini1902.jpg

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Thanks, Biff :-D

I used to be able to link from ellisisland.org but can't seem to do it anymore :?

I appreciate your posting the image.

T.