Morrali\D'Andre

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
caryjo1953

Morrali\D'Andre

Post by caryjo1953 »

I am looking for my Great Grandfather and mother who came to America in 1909. They are Vincenzo Marrali, whose father was Giuseppe Marrali and Anna Lauricella. His wife, Maddalena D' Andre, whose parents were Giuseppe D'Andre and Angela Calamita. Vincenzo was born May 8, 1881 in Girgenti, Licata, Sicily, Italy. Maddalena was born December 20, 1882 in the same place. They were married before 1909 and came to America in 1913 with a child, Angeline. There were some older children supposely left behind in Italy. Their ship left port from Paleramo upon the SS Sant Anna and arrived in New York, NY on Oct 22, 1913 with a destination of Cleveland, Ohio. Any help would be much appreciated. We know nothing of this family but what is written here.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Morrali\D'Andre

Post by Tessa78 »

caryjo1953 wrote:I am looking for my Great Grandfather and mother who came to America in 1909. They are Vincenzo Marrali, whose father was Giuseppe Marrali and Anna Lauricella. His wife, Maddalena D' Andre, whose parents were Giuseppe D'Andre and Angela Calamita. Vincenzo was born May 8, 1881 in Girgenti, Licata, Sicily, Italy. Maddalena was born December 20, 1882 in the same place. They were married before 1909 and came to America in 1913 with a child, Angeline. There were some older children supposely left behind in Italy. Their ship left port from Paleramo upon the SS Sant Anna and arrived in New York, NY on Oct 22, 1913 with a destination of Cleveland, Ohio. Any help would be much appreciated. We know nothing of this family but what is written here.
Maybe you already have this Marriage Record for Vincenzo and Maddalena?

Married in Licata, 25 September 1905.

Vincenzo Marrali, age 24, peasant farmer, born and residing in Licata, son of Gaetano and of Anna Lauricella
Maddalena D'Andrea, age 21, housewife, daughter of Giuseppe and of unknown mother (according to this record)

Right side of image
Click once to enlarge and again to magnify...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the Birth Record of Vincenzo - 8 May 1881 in Licata
Father Gaetano was 36 (so born about 1845), a shoemaker [calzolaio]
Mother Anna Lauricella was also a shoemaker

Record #299

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the Birth Record for Maddalena - born in Licata 8 November 1883

Father Giuseppe, age 32, peasant farmer.
Where the mother's name would be, the father indicates that this child is from a union with a woman, not his wife, not a relative, nor related to him in any degree, and who need not be named.

Record #666
Bottom right

T.
caryjo1953

Post by caryjo1953 »

I'm not sure how to navigate this website. Now that I have my Great grandparents birth certificates and marriage license with the names of their parents, how do I continue to go back in time?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I was able to pull the above records with my paid subscription to Ancestry.com :-)

The online records for Licata, through Ancestry.com, cover 1886 - 1910 (with some missing records...

HOWEVER, you can go to your nearest LDS Family History Center to rent and view the civil registrations (births(nati), marriages(matrimoni), deaths(morti)) from Licata that they have microfilmed. The films cover 1820 - 1910...
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... em%2F28974

To find your nearest FHC - enter your zip code on this page
http://familysearch.org/eng/

T.
Gambino

Post by Gambino »

Do you know if Vincenzo was buried in Queens, N.Y.? My maternal grandmother (born in Licata- Eluisa Marrali) has a brother Vincenzo who died in the US and is buried in N.Y.